Forums

Help › Forums

Re: More info on new Levels and Tiers

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:10 PM (6 replies)
  • WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 5:24 PM

Some additional helpful info on levels and tiers now posted to the News blog....

• How do I know what level I am?
    • How long until my next level?
    • How many credits do I get for Tour Master tier?

All this and more at...

http://wgt.com/news/archive/2010/09/01/more-on-levels-and-tiers.aspx

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:02 PM

Sky, my main question is this.

Why is it that we went to a level based pro shop.  There were many players that were not eligable for masters equipment during the clearance sale of the pro shop, and yet they have been bumped "up" to masters and cannot purchase the equipment needed to play from the masters tee's.  Why is this?

Can we open the pro shop for 1 week to allow all members that were moved from one tier to another to upgrade so they can compete fairly with other members of their tier?

Yokosaki

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:05 AM

Yes, everything yoko said plus:

I'm showing as a level 20 player with 3578 points. According to WGT I need 3450 to reach level 21. I'm not level 21 as I should be.

And, I'm rather baffled how this new level system is supposed to be fair when new players don't have access to the equipment I currently have in my bag? A new player reaching level 20 is still miles away from having access to the clubs I have. And that is supposed to make things more fair?

From a player/customer perspective this just doesn't appear to have been completely thought out.

Call me confused.

• mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:23 PM

all players who have been bumped up should be given 7 days to purchase there handicap clubs

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:36 PM

I made master the day before the update and had enough credits (and info necessary) to purchase a driver that would serve my needs from master tees. However, I thought i could do some more research through the fora to assess which iron set would suit my game best.

I thought that even if the system changed, masters would still be able to access master level equipment and higher tiers would have their own equipment...yeah right.

In the meantime the tiers system changed overnight (my luck...lol) and now I am master L30 and cannot access master equipment. 

I am trying my best to just laugh and get over it, but something tells me that I was an absolute idiot in being honest and post my scores, as now I find myself even more disadvantaged against sandbaggers and cheat artists.

What can I say: Just have to play for the next 4 months in order to access what existing masters already have in their bags and try to be competitive whilst being laughed at from other players...

Of course expecting any insights from WGT Sky, or any other admin, would be foolish and pretentious of me.

• McLinder
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:52 PM

Amen, I finally make it to masters to be able to be competitive and what do you know... WGT found another way to make us play and spend more. I enjoy this game, but come on, how do you play a tourney set up course with a max drive of 255yds and 0 spin capability? I do NOT care for the way WGT keeps changing, but adds no more playable courses. Good luck keeping players because I am losing my interest fast and will not spend another dime at this site (I am stuck with credits I cannot use due to new level not allowing me to buy clubs to be competitive).

• BubbyRay
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:10 PM

This game is stupid & a total waste of time. WGT & their staff behave as drug pushers do on the street. nothing but common misguided thugs... Their ripping all of us off. Wake up!!! Shame on you WGT.

RSS