Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How Many Legends does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:43 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:08 PM

...or screw up a game site?

Well, I can only guess because the WGT player search pages does not seem to function correctly.

A somewhat educated guess would be about 1104. (OK Well that's a wild guess!!!)

Really?

This is like a Junior College that just got a grant to allow it to become a full University with PHD's, and then just goes ahead and gives all it's graduating seniors PHD's and Master Degrees instead of the associate degrees they had been working for.

Thanks for making the accomplishment of becoming a "Legend" absolutely meaningless.We all very much appreciate it. THanks.

Bitter sarcasm aside, I actually DO appreciate this update. I think the changes will work out well once people actually realize what the Tier + Level system will mean. It will seem all very natural for people who are just starting out. But for the rest of us, in practice this update has really skewed who we are as players of this game. I am a "Legend" two tiers higher than I was yesterday, yet I can't purchase equipment that I was eligible to buy a year ago.

If I had just turned master yesterday, and had yet to purchase clubs, but planned to in the near future - but then found that I would have to play hundreds of rounds before I could buy the formerly Master level equipment, yet had to play in tougher conditions, I would probably close my account and just start over.

And actually, if you're going to start us half-over, you might as well just reset everything.

As implemented, this update will not give you proper information as to whether this system really works or not! Everything is so skewed because of the mixed bag of different tier advancement models.

I really think it's time to just come out of BETA. Reset EVERYTHING! Refund us the purchase price of everything in our bags plus let us keep the credits we currently have and just let us go at it. I for one, would have a lot of fun doing that! That's the only way to know if this current system really works well, you just get bad, skewed information otherwise.

ty and gg

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:31 PM

All be it so well, and I'm sure everyone is very impressed with WGTs' hard work.  Heck I was even playing like a legend at -11 going into 15 on St Andys, and then went promptly double bogey, bogey, bogey, par to finish the round all courtesy of the WGT METER!

Now can we cut the bull and at least make an effort to fix the #1 issue that plagues this game.

p.s. to Niv, I have 2 gigs of RAM, am running and older version of the Mozilla  gecko engine, Flash 10.0.45.2, have shut down or stopped all unecessary services, cleared all caches, defragged, ran every clean up program on the market, played 2 short practice rounds before this game, to let the bugs settle, and running game booster at least twice before each shot, playing single play, and in the middle of the afternoon, (lighter site traffic). Oh, and I forgot, I have 100mbs cable IPS.  If there is any of the excuses WGT uses for the meter being on my end, let me know.  I'm running out of things to try to get one game in without meter spikes, forget about completing multi-player rounds to raise my level.

Thanks for your attention in this matter, I'm sure a swift responce from WGT is in the works. LOL

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:36 PM

OOPS!  I almost forgot, I also updated the driver for my video card on my less than 2 year old computer.  That should about cover the things I'm supposed to be doing to try to smooth out the meter.  Heck let it be choppy, just don't have it stop dead right before you click so your drive goes 43 yards!

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:42 PM

More forgetfulness on my part. I have also shut off Lessons, distance markers, reflections, Avatar Angles, and background loading.  Pretty sure this covers most of it. Can't wait to hear what I forgot to do so I can have a smoother meter.

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:51 PM

But wait, there's more!  I also take 2 to 3 practice swings, combined with gamebooster RAM clearing (I would guess this is the #1 reason for slowing down multi-player games) to try to out smart the meter gods.

signed,

Legend / Hack

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:00 PM

Nice summary of the real issue WGT should adress----I've done all of the above+ net step Google-yea search for a golf site that actually has someone who understands the concept of enjoyment, minus the hassles.  I'm a legend---LOL--Well Dan if we can get enough WGT members to complain, maybe.................. nah. Ain't gonna happen. WGT programers live in a bubble and they are running out of Oxygen

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:30 PM

Sorry guys, but you are hijacking my thread here. This is not about the METER. This is about the implementation of this new system. I think It would work well, but would require a restart for EVERYONE.

I suppose I wrote about half a page to much for some folks to follow along.

ty and gg

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:37 PM

birdwell:

Sorry guys, but you are hijacking my thread here. This is not about the METER. This is about the implementation of this new system. I think It would work well, but would require a restart for EVERYONE.

I suppose I wrote about half a page to much for some folks to follow along.

ty and gg

levels is the only part thats not fair IMO... im 37+ levels shy of the clubs ive been using for months already

they lowballed the levels of existing players too much and I for one hope it hits them right in the pocketbook

I know for myself.. after checking through the pro shop.. its going to be a heck of a long time building 40 levels of exp to get me in the range of clubs I would consider an improvement over what Ive got now..

I also love the fact that "PRO" balls were on sale.. and now all the balls are level 0

I hope the sale netted them a ton of loot because I cant imagine many existing players are in any position to be buying new stuff any time soon

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:43 PM

It's all BS...relax

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:49 PM

RampantFrenzy:

levels is the only part thats not fair IMO... im 37+ levels shy of the clubs ive been using for months already

they lowballed the levels of existing players too much and I for one hope it hits them right in the pocketbook

I know for myself.. after checking through the pro shop.. its going to be a heck of a long time building 40 levels of exp to get me in the range of clubs I would consider an improvement over what Ive got now..

I also love the fact that "PRO" balls were on sale.. and now all the balls are level 0

I hope the sale netted them a ton of loot because I cant imagine many existing players are in any position to be buying new stuff any time soon

Exactly!

BUT! One good thing of setting these levels so low is that it pretty much caught sandbaggers with their pants down. I'm sure a ton of them will be logging on as Masters today and their advantage will be thrown out the window and will have to compete from longer tees and faster greens without the big sticks!

But that's pretty much throwing the baby out with the bathwater because it punishes other players just as much if not more so by limiting their equipment. 

As for the balls, imagine the outrage if Legends and Masters had to play hundreds of rounds to level up in order to be eligible to buy their balls that they've been using for months! 

• PAGES
RSS