Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Latest update

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:06 PM (3 replies)
  • Clanccon
    4 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 5:43 AM

After the introduction of the new tiers and levels for players , I am now a Tour Master. I received 400 credits from WGT which I am very grateful for, thank you. However, now my tier disqualifies me from entering any free or premium weekly or monthly stroke play competitions...

Can anybody tell me when can I enter these competitions again? I'd like to earn some credits.

Clanccon

• philspace
    65 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:28 AM

I welcome WGT's idea to make the game more competitive and to provide more incentives for players to finish started games. I have to say, though, that the introduction of new tiers and levels looks like a mixed bag at first sight:

Pro: WGT gave generous credit gifts to virtually every player. Con: Virtually nobody can use these credits, since at level 30 most club sets are locked.

Pro: WGT has advanced many players to a higher tier. Con: Many players cannot sign up to various CTTH and stroke play tournaments anymore with the new tier.

It's especially remarkable in my opinion that WGT imposed such severe restrictions on purchasing equipment in the Proshop, since their sales will plunge dramatically. I haven't come across a golf shop who denied a beginner a set of Ping i15 because he was a beginner and not entitled to spending his money on good equipment.

My fear is that the introduction of levels will - at least in the short run - widen the gap even further between advanced players and beginners. Anyway, it's all fresh still, and too early to tell whether the changes will have a good effect on WGT....hopefully so!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 12:31 PM

Tournaments for your new tier are in the process of being set-up.  thank you for your patience.

• cruiser1
    74 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:06 PM

this latest update sucks, seen where WGT had tp fix a multiplayer game bug. Well i think u need to fix some others too. Ever since this stupid update, from the first time i got on after it my swing meter is jumpy, been a couple of times my avatar is still froze at the top of backswing and still hits the ball. ANOTHER bug or just a overlook is in practice mode I can't even put it on CHAMPIONSHIP green speed so i can practice this ridiculous speed you give me. Also another thing that pisses me off is while playing a ranked round and just putting around on the greens, I hit a long putt on  #3 i think at S.A. and rolled off green all the way on the left side and it took my brand new ball that i had just started with and said it was lost?????  B.S. There are some other holes this will happen too, like 17 at SA, go long there in between 17 and 18 tee off, just has to be 20 or 30 yds. too.......LOST BALL.....seen a friend do it!!!!    This needs to be fixed or some people are going to get pissed to the point of no longer buying balls if you are going to take them and say they are lost in the rough or off edge of green.                           Sorry bout the book but had to vent

RSS