Help › Forums

Re: Kicking Hacks and Amateurs from Join Game

Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:44 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 7:58 AM

Pangaea:
    I don't know if it was just bad luck or what, but is the course itself more difficult too as a Master? Had a feeling there were more knolls and awkwardness on the course when I played with a Master than when I do it alone as a Pro.

The only things more difficult for masters are:

1. Longer tee shots but this is counteracted on most holes by improved equipment.  It does hurt on par 3s though.
    2. Green speed.  If you play with a master you will get very fast greens.  These can be difficult for lower tiers to adjust to but personally I love them.

Other than that the courses play exactly the same.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 11:23 AM

Thanks. Guess I was just unlucky with some drives then. The ball was bouncing all over the place.

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 1:00 PM

The filter does keep the lower level folks out and I generally try to set it so that I am playing with masters and pros.  Once in a while I will not set it and play with amateurs and give them my tips on the game for whatever that is worth.  Most of them seem to appreciate the tips and stay for the whole nine.

When I start a game with lower level players, I always remine them of the green speed.  After a round at SA the other day in which one of the pros putted into the burn that fronts the green, I feel badly if they don't know about the green speed.

• HATTERASCAL57
    48 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:28 AM

Take it from me......this is one Amateur that has NEVER quit a game and enjoys kickin higher tier players ass. BRING IT ON!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 2:10 PM

lol...your scoring history would indicate otherwise ;)

• AptPupil
    9 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:44 PM

I could care less on the rank of the player I sign up to play against.  Hack to Master.  Friendly enough and possible positive chat here and there is more important.  And not quitting...

More often than not though I have been playing blitz and it's the hacks and Ams that seem to quit.  Not sure why.

• PAGES
RSS