Forums

Help › Forums

Re: driver

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 23 2010 5:08 PM (3 replies)
  • jgolfer1
    38 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 7:47 PM

my driver seems to be loosing distance .do they wear out or is it my imagination?

• borntobesting
    9,626 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 5:03 AM

jgolfer1:

my driver seems to be loosing distance .do they wear out or is it my imagination?

No they don't wear out. I noticed that you are playing the gi-s ball. a spin ball. If you had been playing a ball with at least 1 dot on distance, you will lose a little distance when you switch to a ball with spin only. I also noticed that you play most of your rounds on the front side of St.Andrews. With the varying wind conditions and wildly undulating fairways your distance can vary as much as 50- 60 yards. When St. Andrews first opened it was always high winds, upper 20's to as high as 31 miles per hour. Now there are more low and moderate winds there and that will also affect your distance dramatically.To get a truer picture of you driver distance you need to play all the courses close to the same amount of times. I realize that with the free unlimited 9 hole tourneys you tend to play 1 course more in a given week but as they rotate you should even them out.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:10 AM

borntobesting is right.. the only thing that wears out is the purchased golf balls.

• Kulot101
    2 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 5:08 PM

why do i still have the 225yd driver? how could i get the tour starters driver? 

RSS