Forums

Help › Forums

Re: golf ladder

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 31 2009 5:56 PM (7 replies)
  • jollygreen
    20 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2009 2:13 PM

hello around the world ,need more players to join the ladders at wgt.agls.org.uk, we have a growing number of players from here who have signed up and are enjoying their time with us,play other members from the site and see how you fair on the rungs, a tournament section has now been added and there is also a games arcade, it is another option from other organised events here at wgt, come and visit us, take a look and register, have fun.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2009 3:26 PM

I'm gonna have to echo JG's post.  I have just joined the ladder at wgt.agls.org.uk and am looking forward to playing with the folks over there.  There are some old-school arcade games as well... (go go ASTEROIDS!!) ... and it seems like it's a good idea.

Need more ppl though.  The site is in the UK and some of us are UK -8 hours so it will a challenge to get together with them...

But, Come on over and sign up!!  We will be looking for you!

Snaike

• BiminiBen
    53 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2009 7:37 AM

I am on the ladder and located in the US so look me up if you are looking for a game.

• BeeeTheBall
    2 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 9:10 AM

im interested.....i played at about golf for a few years and i really enjoyed their game.  Is it still around? I like the 3 click swing....is the swing type at wgt the only one available?

Matt - Sharon, Pa

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 8:49 PM

yes the slide and click is the only one......works weel once you are used to it.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 10:43 PM

Slide & click seems better than 3-click, in fact, because it allows you to measure the strength of your shot more accurately. Just like the real-life golfer can measure how far (s)he wants the back-swing to go (= our "mouse-slide" on this site).

BeeeTheBall, do join the Ladder site (see site manual). It's managed by Mark Holliday who used to run ladders for AboutGolf, too.

• Cold68
    15 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 5:44 PM

im signed up but the Tourneys are hard for me to play in since they start at 4pm my time.  :(

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 5:56 PM

Not sure what you mean, Cold68, but Ladder games have no specified time of day to be played in, except for the weekly It's a Knockout! bracket-style tournament that is always played on Sunday afternoon your time, which seems just fine. All the other Ladder games, including those in League Tables, can be played at any time of day, and on any day that suits you & your playing partners.

RSS