Forums

Help › Forums

Re: deep bunker shots and chips from just off green

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:29 PM (3 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,984 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 2:30 AM

I sometimes ruin a good score by chipping out of a bunker with no matter what club the ball refuses to move and i can take ten strokes - WHY .

I can also hit a chip from off the green the correct yardage and travel maybe one yard - WHY .

I can also get in situations where my golfer completely disappears and i have to search for the swing meter - WHY .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 5:24 AM

craigswan:
    I sometimes ruin a good score by chipping out of a bunker with no matter what club the ball refuses to move and i can take ten strokes - WHY

The chip is not a good shot choice to get out of bunkers. Pitch if there's no bunker wall to negotiate, flop if there is and full wedges if you need distance. 

craigswan:
    I can also hit a chip from off the green the correct yardage and travel maybe one yard - WHY

The first bounce needs to be on the green or it will flub 99% of the time. Never ever take less than a 75% swing unless you're right on the edge.

craigswan:
    I can also get in situations where my golfer completely disappears and i have to search for the swing meter - WHY .

This is probably a mapping issue where they don't have the right picture for the particular position. WGT likes to see bug reports when this happens.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 6:35 AM

YankeeJim:
    This is probably a mapping issue where they don't have the right picture for the particular position. WGT likes to see bug reports when this happens.

Be sure to submit those in-game bug reports Craig when you see something out of the ordinary with the game. By doing so, the developers have an opportunity to fix the the problem with the game for everyone.

To submit a bug report, simply right click your mouse during game play and you'll see at the top of the box "Submit this problem to WGT". Please give a detailed description of your anomaly to the developers.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:29 PM

IMO, the default short-game shot should be the pitch.  Chipping is only good if you're relatively close to the green, e.g. 2 yards away on a 15-yard shot, or 3 yards away on a 25-yard shot.

Pitching and a full-swing 50-yard wedge are the way to go, and chipping rarely is.  Flop is only if you're in huge trouble with the lip of a bunker or need a really short shot (under 20 yards) to not roll at all.

RSS