Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Driver or putter?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:57 AM (6 replies)
  • KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 5:37 AM

Now it seems that it is now time again for me to change my equipment. After responding to many posts in the forums I've noticed how many people use the Daytona Rossa putter, on that note I've also heard that the TM SuperTri is about a club or two longer than my R9 8.5.  Where I am getting is that I am torn between getting a new putter or upgrading my driver?

Any advice would be appriciated

-King

*Note: Putting Average per hole: 1.64    per round: 24.41

Driving Average: 83.61 %

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:45 AM

The only difference between the putter you have and the Daytona is the slower meter and your 45 scale becomes a 60 scale. I would stick with what you have.

As for the driver, rent it. Once you see how fast the meter is you'll have to decide if it fits with the rest of your speeds. It is definitely hard to get the hang of when used in conjunction with slower meters on your other clubs but the result is 1-2 clubs closer on your approach and that can be game changing. GL

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:08 AM

YankeeJim:

The only difference between the putter you have and the Daytona is the slower meter and your 45 scale becomes a 60 scale. I would stick with what you have.

As for the driver, rent it. Once you see how fast the meter is you'll have to decide if it fits with the rest of your speeds. It is definitely hard to get the hang of when used in conjunction with slower meters on your other clubs but the result is 1-2 clubs closer on your approach and that can be game changing. GL

Every club in my bag has a 5 meter speed except for my redwood, so that would mean i have 3 different meter speeds in my bag, should I avoid that?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:24 AM

I have multiple meter speed clubs, there really isn't no way around it King IMO. Each club has it's own unique ability for ones game. Just use a GI series ball that plays to your games strengths and you'll do fine.  : )

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:41 AM

Richard4168:

I have multiple meter speed clubs, there really isn't no way around it King IMO. Each club has it's own unique ability for ones game. Just use a GI series ball that plays to your games strengths and you'll do fine.  : )

Use GI balls over my Pink Tour SD golf balls?! No way lol

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:42 AM

Well,

After looking at your clubs, your wedges would be the first clubs to upgrade. I would suggest the 2 Ping Master wedges. I can't count the times those master wedges either dug me out of an ugly lie or simply gave me a beautiful approach or surprising eagle.

However, if you're not going to upgrade your driver, I would suggest the TM Master wedges because they give you a little more distance which you'll need if your driver gets you within wedge range.

Your putter will get you by if you're used to it already, but I would promote the Rossa as the best bang for your buck.

Have fun,

TMPC

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:57 AM

TextMyPC:

Well,

After looking at your clubs, your wedges would be the first clubs to upgrade. I would suggest the 2 Ping Master wedges. I can't count the times those master wedges either dug me out of an ugly lie or simply gave me a beautiful approach or surprising eagle.

However, if you're not going to upgrade your driver, I would suggest the TM Master wedges because they give you a little more distance which you'll need if your driver gets you within wedge range.

Your putter will get you by if you're used to it already, but I would promote the Rossa as the best bang for your buck.

Have fun,

TMPC

Thank you for your advice however my satin wedges are my favorite clubs in my bag, I don't think I would even consider ditching them.

RSS