Help › Forums

Re: advancement

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 26 2010 2:25 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GreggShark
    10 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 12:24 AM

I have NO problem with WGT making money, but they should make the game more player friendly. As for the surveys, once they find out i'm an "OLD GEEZER", their noy interested!

When you regularly play greens that you know are going to accept a Putt normally and then when you play a tournament or CTTH and the greens play totally, and i mean "TOTALLY" different, then its wrong!

Example:  you play a 22 ft putt up slope (say 5 inches) to the hole whist practicing or even on a ranked round, hit it with a 25ft putt and it goes in. Same scenario in a tournament and through experience you hit it at about 32/35 ft putt and it stops 2 inches from the hole! Come on, even this is not how it should play! You dont get this ridiculous content on PC games Pal!

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 8:17 AM

Your new GS

You neither "know" or have "experience".

...and please don't call me PAL...lol

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:06 PM

GreggShark:
    You know, if you dont spend money on this game, your wasting your time trying to improve!

When I first started up Greggshark......  I was pathetic...  I couldn't hit fairways or greens or putts.....  but I kept on playing... sometimes only a round a day or even less because like some others I have to work 10-12 hours a day to sustain myself.....  and I improved.  I practiced.  I learned to time my meter better...  I learned to read the greens and how the wind affects my ball.....  I learned how to adjust out of the rough.....  I learned about the forward and backward spin and changing my shot selection......  I did that and improved and became an amatuer and then a pro before I spent a dime.  Well I guess that means you can improve.  Don't be a quitter man.... just enjoy the golf. 

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:09 PM

GreggShark:
    You dont get this ridiculous content on PC games Pal!

Again... if you haven't payed any money into the game.....  well you have to pay for PC games and have an awesome system to play them....  Here you could probably go to the Local Library and play online there.  How about that you probably don't even need a computer of your own to play..... 

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 2:25 AM

Played at a library the other day when I was stuck in another town...worked great!

Considering I pay about $90 AU for most new games, putting $20-$30 into this was a no-brainer, and frankly I find it more enjoyable than some of the generic shooters these days (Yes, I'm looking at you BF BC2 and COD!). The meter issues can be a bit frustrating, but I'm happy to live with it as long as its across the board.....

I find that the mechanics of the game are fairly obvious, and most of my theories have proved (relatively) sound, gotta do the math people!

With a bit of work you'll soon be earning credits in MPC and RG games, so pony up and you get back what you put in, in time and money.

• PAGES
RSS