Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Crazy bounce and deviation in flight path

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 24 2010 5:28 AM (4 replies)
  • Valrec
    70 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 10:32 AM

Originally posted about this in WGT beta section, in this thread, might be a bug so posting here.

Playing the 4th on BPB, using Z satin TP Pro 64, going for the hole at about 48 yards, B-ES ball.

Played shot, full backspin, over-hit a bit.

Ball appears to land just behind the cup, but bounces at a strange angle, and as if it has hit something hard.

In the replay, there is a flight-path deviation just before the ball hits the ground.

Strangely, this deviation was not there before I saved the replay, I watched the shot a number of times from a number of angles to try to work out what had happened, and I know I would have noticed the deviation if it was there then. I saved the replay, and then this deviation is visible when running the saved replay.

I didn't submit a bug report at the time, sorry, I assumed that I had hit the back of the cup, and it just wasn't clearly visible in the replay, but the flight deviation visible in the saved replay has prompted me to submit a report here.

Replay: What happened?!?

Thanks,

Valrec

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 10:48 AM

Damn. It looked like some one plug the hole with a piece of rubber or something Valrec. A similar thing happen to me today at St.Andrews on hole 7, except I hit the bottom of the flag stick and the ball ricocheted backwards 20 yards.  

You definitely should have submitted a in-game bug report, something isn't right there, that's for sure. I didn't see any deviation in the flight path of the ball either. It looked like a good clean shot to me, you just got hosed on the landing.

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 11:47 AM

Hi Richard, thanks for your reply. Yeah, would have been good to submit a bug report...oh well...

The flight deviation (which speedyschic noticed first) occurs just about a foot before the ball hits the ground, and can only be seen from the close-to-the-hole camera angle; whilst the ball is in flight, the path suddenly changes taking the ball slightly behind the hole. Maybe it doesn't show when you watch the replay, which is even stranger, lol!

Or maybe someone just snuck up on the green when I wasn't looking and stuck a lump of rubber in the hole ; )

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 1:25 PM

Hi Valrec,

After watching your replay a few times it appears that the ball landed on the left edge of the cup itself, which is why it took that wild bounce away from the hole.  Certainly an unfortunate redirection to say the least, but not unexpected. =(

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 5:28 AM

Hi Niv,

Thanks for your reply; I thought it might be that, but posted here in case it wasn't. These things happen, just not very often, lol! No problem : ).

Valrec

RSS