Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Question -- ??

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:33 PM (4 replies)
  • rclc522
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 1:46 PM

I play Ping Rapture Pro-V Irons and Woods, and use one of those vapor trail balls...I get an error message when I try to play certain tournaments that says my teir level and clubs or balls don't match up...what does that mean and how do I fix it???

Thanks in advance for any help.......Roshi

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 1:59 PM

RC, I'm pretty sure that Vapor ball isn't regulation, and isn't allowed in the weekly tournaments. Your clubs are OK.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 2:09 PM

I just used the vapor ball in the 18 hole weekly unlimited. It worked for me.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 2:19 PM

Hi rcl,

I'm pretty certain you're referring to the July 18-Hole Unlimited Tournament.  You're seeing that error because you originally entered that tournament as an Amateur.  Even though you earned a promotion to Pro during July you still began that tournament as an Amateur player, so you'll remain in that tier for that particular event.

Since you are still considered to be competing in the Amateur tier for that tournament you are not allowed to use your Pro gear in that event.  In order to play that tournament again you will need to go back to your Amateur setup.

Any other events you play you will be entered as a Pro and will be allowed to use all of your Pro gear.

• rclc522
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:33 PM

Thanks to all of you for your quick response to my question...and thanks for the answer!!

RSS