Help › Forums

Re: meter wont work

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:17 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:28 PM

Niv when i launch a game there is an enlarge screen icon at top right of window ive never used F11.

I have a Quad core 2.8GHz, 4Gig Ram,1 Gig graphics card and wind7

No unnecessary  background processes am using game booster and also shut down my anti virus which i do with reservations as i have issues with trogens(not this site).

So my pc alters its self does it.

As for an email wgt still hasn't replied to my server issue email 5 months ago.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:57 PM

Just happened again then closed with a game error message so is it still on my end dam loosers

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 8:37 PM

WGTniv:
    If the update was causing a problem then it would be a universal problem experienced by all users.  If the error was in fact on our end then it's not possible for some users to be experiencing a problem and other users not to be. 

I have to disagree, WGT implemented a feature of Flash that is not compatible with all PCs. I think that was a mistake on WGTs part. That feature is unnecessary.

(That full screen button doesn't work on my  brand new laptop with Core i5 CPUs, 4 meg win7 and ATI Mobility Radion HD 5450 video.)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 9:08 PM

I too have been riddled with meter issues since the update. Not only does the meter somehow not recognize my click at times, it also started 'losing' my drag when setting my shot strength. I have had several shots that I intended to hit at full power (not due to course management, just blind luck) and have had the meter somehow recognize a left click-up event when it didn't happen, sending the meter off towards the strike zone before I released the mouse.

I also have had numerous shots that did not recognize my click at impact - in fact, I timed out on a hole earier today having to make 6 or 7 attempts at a hit, and it never picked up on my click, and resulted in all practice swings. Tried a ps2 mouse and a usb mouse, all to no avail. No issues when I navigate to other sites.

I have also seen a 5-6 second delay when I hover over the control for changing the max length of a putt. Sometimes it takes 5-6 seconds for it to see my hover, and change the cursor from the 'swing' icon, to the 'select' icon. 

All since the last update......

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 9:40 PM

Sorry im late to respond niv.,i don't use the full screen feature because my friends chat too much,,:),As i said the meter for me is very stable but it has a slide issue affect.its not as responsive as it was ,,its like its Drunk.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 6:36 AM

More input on WGT full screen malfunctions on my computer.

FireFox:

-Cannot click on meter to hit ball off teebox w/ driver full swing

-clicked out of full screen

-hit ball in fairway

-clicked into full screen

-was able to click on meter to hit ball with PW!! (surprise!, ball went over green into water hazard on KIA #1)

-hit ball on green w/ wedge in full screen

-unable to putt in full screen

-chose wedge on green, moved marker back down fairway, able to hit wedge from green back to fairway in full screen.

How can this be a problem with our computers if sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work depending on what club is selected or what location the ball is?

Almost seems like an indeterminate outcome in full screen. I just saw where I could not hit the ball in pitch mode after trying different clubs and shots (pitch, chip, etc) then I moved the aimer and viola it hit the  ball!

I have no problem hitting the ball in full screen using Chrome browser.

I have no problem controlling videos by clicking on screen on YouTube in full screen using FireFox.  That's a full screen Flash application.

How can this be my computer's problem?

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:17 PM

andyson:
    How can this be my computer's problem?

Easier to make it our fault than to eat humble pie is my guess. I played in full screen long ago why the button its not needed a bit like golf balls with ribbons and rainbow avatars.

If it doesn t turn into cash they are not interested, You will never tell me otherwise thats why we get that same answer over and over again(it's you pc not our end or we are looking into it). If it was our end the game would not be in beta now would it. 

Maybe WGT you need to visit the nearest TV station and check out there super imposing software and maybe they will tell you that what you are doing does indeed have floors. TV stations are the masters of using superimposing technology.

Stop the excuses and get it right or exit beta as how can we help when we are out of the loop so to speak.

CSC

• PAGES
RSS