Help › Forums

Re: Putting

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:20 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 7:10 AM

Another thing I have noticed and I have not figured out if it is the game or the player (me) but there are days I can play 9 and get 5 birdies and other days barely get 1 or 2.....

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 7:13 AM

I started out putting from normal view, but quickly learned that reverse view is infinitely better and more accurate. And I did start to write down my putts - the breaks, the elevation, where I missed it..  I just got distracted by playing and quit writing stuff down...

I have kindof a theory about the dots, too - so the dots "follow" the break, right? So in theory, the line that the dots make IS the break, and if you let them roll until they reach the hole, then that's the break - right? Or is that just BS...?

And btw, for those of you who don't already have anything but the free putter - get some credits and get the Redwood, it's a great putter.

Sargenjd01:

I think everyone goes through this, especially if you move up through the ranks really quickly. I have learnt that you have to take notes and I mean notes. Always look at the putt from the reverse angle as well. Often you can read the green better from the reverse view. I do understand your frustration, there are times I often ask myself WTF....

• shneady
    17 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:46 AM

I have been through the same thing as everyone else. I was missing everything, then i started to get distance very close and now i can read the breaks quite well. I had many lip outs and balls stopping on the edge and not dropping in.

The biggest thing to improve my putting was the reverse view, i never use the front view at all now.

Down hill putts need more allowance for break, and for me every 1 inch lower means about three quarters of a foot less and the reverse for uphill putts.

Dinging it is much more important when putting than any other shot, so another thing to try is giving less break and instead of dinging it on the line stop it before to go more left or after more right.

It is frustrating but you have to stick with it, and being hard is a good thing, if you won every time it just wouldnt be as good, much more a challenge.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 8:32 AM

Reverse me is a great tool and does take some time to get used to putting that way. 

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 1:25 PM

I picked up on using the reverse view almost immediately. I think it was because at the time I started, all we had was the Kiawah course, where the forward view is almost never close to being in line with the putt.

I think the Kiawah greens are still the hardest to make a consistently good read on, because of how often the view is not directly in line with the ball an the hole.

• etjulprou
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 3:33 PM

why the ball roll too much time , that unreal , I play golf in life and I ever saw a ball roll as it

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:20 PM

Which course were you playing, and under what conditions or settings were you playing? Putting at Oakmont in the Q is much different than putting on Kiawah, for example.

etjulprou:

why the ball roll too much time , that unreal , I play golf in life and I ever saw a ball roll as it

• PAGES
RSS