Forums

Help › Forums

Re: recommendation please

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 28 2010 6:53 AM (4 replies)
  • zakibsen
    16 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 6:48 PM

Just invested in rapture v2 pro irons - what wedges do people recommend to go with these. Bit confused that all the ones normally recommended by people are a different swing speed and I'd like to keep that consistent but don't think I can...

Otherwise, looks like I'm going to have a gap around the 90 yard mark which is a fairly crucial distance.

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:36 PM

The only half decent wedges with the slower swing meter that you want are the Tour Pro wedges.  Of course the obvious drawback is apparent when you see that they have dreadful spin ratings... but until WGT releases better wedges with slow swing meters you're stuck with either these or the wedges and stop balls on dimes but have a stupendiously fast meter...

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:37 PM

Can't suggest which wedges you need but you are correct in assuming that you won't be able to get wedges with same meter speed as the rest of your set.  I had those clubs for a very short time but sold them back and returned to the g10s then on to the i15s when they were released.  

Same is the case for the i15s.  Seems like they would develop them to accompany the most expensive clubs they offer.  It has been brought up before but WGT doesn't seem to want to release any.  Seems like they would be all over as another source of revenue.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 8:51 PM

Hey Zac,

The Ping wedges have four dots of precision along with three dots of spin. I'm still getting used to the new yardage they have, but I like the way they handle, and feel.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 6:53 AM

Taylormade Z Satin Pro wedges, get the 54, 60, and 64 wedges.  They have a faster meter than your raptures but you'll soon get used to them and like the added spin over any other wedge.

RSS