Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The clitches

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 27 2010 9:35 AM (8 replies)
  • gumshoe
    21 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:29 AM

I love this game and would definitely put tiger woods on the shelf.Could WGT perhaps improve their server power to be able to stop the annoying meter clitches.I know we all suffer this,but it is so annoying when it can ruin a great round .I have a very powerful computer so I know it's not on my end, would wgt please give us some insight and perhaps a resolution.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 9:50 AM

gumshoe:
    I have a very powerful computer so I know it's not on my end, would wgt please give us some insight and perhaps a resolution.
    Are you sure about that one?  I'm only saying because I usually play on a bare minimum spec laptop and I rarely have meter issues (not never... mind you)... but I do know how to optimize my system....

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:25 AM

This will put you on the case to a better swing meter gumshoe.

It's crucial that we all keep-up with the things that it takes to have a good meter. These things won't take care of themselves. It's been said that 90% of a poor meter is the fault of the members computer through misguided optimization. Conducting these simple computer tasks will ensure we all experience a great meter so the game remains enjoyable. Here is all the things we can do to ensure an enjoyable, playable experience at WGT.

1. Make sure you have cleared your browser and Adobe flash caches after every WGT product update. This will ensure you've got the proper updated files in your browser, making for a stable meter, and smooth physics in the game. Using FireFox or Google Chrome browsers are the two best options for a good meter along with using Windows 7 operating system. This will help make the meter and game physics work in unison.

2. Make sure you have the right Adobe flash player version for your computer. Members who use video cards will need to use version 10.1 and make sure they download the latest drivers for their application. The same goes for all computer user. Having the proper drivers will ensure proper operation of your computers hardware. Members with integrated graphics on their computers should use version 10.0. Links to these places can be found on WGTniv's profile. When clearing your flash caches, long after a product update, members only need to clear all the unwanted web sites from the Adobe flash player; settings manager page, making sure to leave the WGT web site (media5.wgt.com). It's not necessary to clear your caches on a daily basis. You may experience slow load times as a result.  

Game options. Members can trim their poor quality meter by simply turning off some game options in the game client. One of the best things to do is set the flash quality to medium, or low. Try turning off all the options and see if there is a difference in the swing meter. Also, bookmark the game client. This should be the only window open when you play the game. This will ensure a smoother meter as well.

3. Download Game Booster. This is a simple, and free piece of software that is very user friendly and will close all the unwanted portions of Windows freeing-up much needed memory to help smooth out the meter. Most times members can free-up as much as 300MB of RAM, if not more. Simply go to Cnetdownloads.com, and follow the instructions.

4. Download Leatrix latency. This is a small file you can get at wowinterface.com, and will help with the transfer of information from the WGT servers to your computer, again helping to trim out a poor quality meter. It's been proven to work for other applications as well.

WGT can only do so much to ensure a smooth swing meter. The members have some responsibility too, to make sure their meter performs properly. The stuttering, and laggy swing meter some members experience is becoming better and better everyday as long as we all do our part to keep-up with the changing times the game is going through, along with the platform and technology the game is played on.  : )

• gumshoe
    21 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 10:50 AM

Wow that is very helpful info Richard thx a million.I obviously have not done enough for smoother play.I will do these downloads and once again thankyou very much for taking the time to help me very much . Happy playin and good luck.

• gumshoe
    21 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 10:52 AM

I will do much more to optimize my system and thankyou Avatar for the input

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 10:55 AM

Dang, Rich-you have it nailed. Nicely presented...........

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 11:11 AM

Richard

Whats the deal with your 4th bullet item. Never heard of it. By no means am I a technological genius. Just looking for insight :)

And most importantly...... does it work?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 8:32 PM

lilrob88:
    most importantly...... does it work?

Absolutely Rob.

It will send more information from the WGT servers to your computer at a faster rate, along with other server games, or applications you might be playing, or involved with on your computer.

---------------------------------

Thanks guys for the atta-boy. I try to present the most relevant information I can to the members about a horrible swing meter, so we can all have a more enjoyable experience at WGT. WGTniv gets credit too, along with Infinito3010. It was their ideas too, that sparked me to take on this endeavor. I hope it's helpful information for everyone.

I'm wanting to work in concert with all who have ideas to make the swing meter the best it can be. I realize not all members have a swing meter issue, but if we can help one member with a poor quality meter, it will make one more member that much happier with the game. Like everyone else, I love this game, and all who are involved with it.

Play well all.   : )

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 9:35 AM

Richard4168:
    4. Download Leatrix latency

I have downloaded this program, was difficult to find the exact location to download it, and it helped bigtime!    I mentioned this in one other thread as the  "thingy"  lol       not many have a sense of humor  when bytching about the game. But it did help.

RSS