Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Equipment suggestion for masters.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 6 2010 5:14 AM (3 replies)
  • funstuff
    35 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:39 AM

After having tried everything WGT has to offer in the way of equipment, here is a combination that has won my enthusiastic approval : New Super R9 driver + i15 fairway wood (237y) + i15 irons + Z Satin wedges (98y, 77y, & 50y) + Daytona putter + G13-S balls.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:31 AM

Lol that takes the cake on "you get what you pay for."

• funstuff
    35 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 3:14 AM

lol I guess you're right. And congrats, TheLighterDark, for some impressive results. 

But allow me to seriously question the wisdom of foregoing the i15 fairway wood (237y) to make room for a forth wedge. 

The choice of GI-SD balls, however, is a brave and, to some infinitesimal degree, rewarding one, when the meter speed doesn't exceed your ability to handle the clubs with precision and reliability.

Personally, with the combination of clubs I recommend, I do use them at times for the hell of it, but overall I find the distance and spin advantage virtually irrelevant, considering that the clubs in question are great performers to begin with. Also GI-SD balls, compared to G13-S balls, give a significantly faster meter, which implies a daunting high risk of the odd meter slip that can ruin a game. Hence my preference for the more manageable G13-S balls.

• GGLG2010
    22 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 5:14 AM

Followed those recommendations to a t as soon as I entered master tier, and wow! I love it. Thanks a bunch.

RSS