Help › Forums

Re: Back spin when wind is with you

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 20 2014 5:28 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jimmyboy661
    4 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 7:37 PM

I too am so tired of players quitting because they are having a bad game. I have had high scores but stuck it out.  Is that how they keep their high tiers?  When things get tough they quit.  There should be some kind of a penalty,  like maybe dropping down a tier.  C'mon WGT,  if you want to make this realistic , do something.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 2:52 PM

foregettaboutit:

Unless you are you using a ball with a high spin rating, downwind shots on certain holes are virtually impossible to stop dead. 

Some great insight in this thread, and this is a key point I agree. 

As I've seen a challenge on STA #8 par 3, w/ the pin at the front edge. That one i usually overshoot, and I had a tailwind, BS can help but also keeping in mine w/ the higher traj. that BS can produce - now the ball is being pushed but the tailwind so calculations run amok.   

My ball (nike 75 w/ the nike 85 7i) JUST made the green but hit like the rim/fringe and then rolled past the hole. I should have tried FBS maybe. I'm still working on that shot to this day.

Any more insight on that one is welcome.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 5:28 PM

Jimmyboy661:
    When things get tough they quit.  There should be some kind of a penalty,

Oh there is... In ones early stages, the ability to hang-in is treasure...it teaches all of the parts needed later on. These points are Gold. The quiter/score protecters are a dime a dozen and reach Master and higher with no game. Do it your way, you will be glad you did.  ~ SP ~ 

• PAGES
RSS