Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Adventures of a hacker..

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 19 2010 8:48 PM (2 replies)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 12:08 AM

Maybe confessions of a hacker would be a better title..

Well I have to leave for out of town this week. By the time I get home, both virtual opens will be history.

Try as I might..my 70 at Oakmont is only good for 191st place.

and my 68 at The Open only netted me a 326th place seed.

Both of course will be pushed back as better scores are posted.

I salute the players that make the cut as indeed you are the best in the world.

My confession, I was delusional in thinking that I should be a top 100 player.

Oakmont is a work for me in progress as I learn where to go for it, and when to be very conservative. So much so that some par 4's like #9 are like 15 at Beth Page...lay it up short of the green..lob one just past the hole and watch it roll back.

Other greens demand similar treatment..getting pars on those 4-5 holes at Oakmont becomes paramount. There are also 4-5 birdie holes. I think my biggest problem is playing enough break when putting, and not really having all 18 holes down to a science.

Even when I do figure out a hole, my old man hand eye coordination lets me down.

So ill tuck my 700 credited rounds between my legs and work towards the goal of making those cuts next year.

Saint Andrews just drives me nuts trying to make those quick 10 thru 15 footers.

• rodri2232
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 5:03 AM

haha, nice!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 8:48 PM

Your a great player Danohi50. I played you when I first joined the site back in September of last year. We played from the WGTLS site, you beat my two strokes on Bethpage.  : )

Enjoy your time off.

RSS