Re: Virtual Open Championship Discussion Thread

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 7 2010 5:48 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 3:29 PM

MSUBULLY:

I'm calling BS on those 60's. I've never played a round with anyone who ever shot better than a 68 and that with out tourny conditions. I would love to play 18 holes with these folks and see it for my self.

Like most new members to WGT, I think you are underestimating just how much time and effort a lot of the top players have put in to get as good as they are. Most of these guys will have played thousands of rounds, yes thousands. That's what it takes to get to know every green like the back of their hands.

Playing this game is a bit like learning to drive a car, learner drivers think they know it all the minute they pass their test. It is only gaining experience over years before you become a safe and accomplished driver.

New players think when they become a Master they know the game. Well I can tell you they don't. It is only the start of the process in becoming one of the top players, of which the vast majority will never make. Like everything in life, there are some guys out there who are simply more talented than the rest of us.

Now I cannot promise you a 60, I certainly cannot promise you a sub 60 as I have yet to score one. What I can tell you is that 6 months ago I made Master and hadn't shot lower than a 65. Now my lowest is 60 on Kiawah, St Andrews & Bethpage.

It takes time, practice, desire and a lot of committment......

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 5:48 AM

MSUBULLY:

I could care less. I'm up for a group playing 18 at St. Andrews to see it for myself. Any time

Feel free to invite me whenever you like.

• PAGES
RSS