Forums

Help › Forums

Re: meter problems

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 27 2010 6:16 AM (2 replies)
  • StangMan
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 9:18 PM

I can't understand it - I draw my meter and it just decides when it wants to stop and swing.  Has anyone else had this issue or is there a way that I can fix it?

Thanks - Dennis

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 10:00 PM

There are a few steps you can take to improve your system and make the meter run smooth. One thing you can do is download game booster (you can find that here). Clear your cache. Another thing to keep in mind is, run as few programs behind WGT as possible.

Read this thread by WGTalex that I found very helpful. =)

Rehill

1,644 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:16 AM

StangMan:
    I draw my meter and it just decides when it wants to stop and swing.
    Okay, sounds like you may be using a wireless mouse?  If you are, there are a couple of reasons to avoid them while playing WGT (based on my experience only)...

1. The wireless signal can be interrupted during the click and drag process, causing the computer to "think" you released the button, thus letting go of the swing meter prematurely.
    2. There is generally a larger propagation delay from the time you physically click the button to when the computer registers the click, thus affecting the accuracy of hitting the snap point properly.

If you are using a wireless mouse, I would suggest you switch to a wired USB mouse.  If you are already wired, then follow the optimization tips in the post above^^^.

Good Luck.

RSS