Forums

Help › Forums

Re: par yet rating goes up ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 25 2010 10:23 AM (5 replies)
  • cowpen
    771 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 1:58 PM

the last five rounds i've played have all been par rounds yet on every ocassion my rating has risen wots all that about then

e.g. 68.34 shot par went to 68.72

68.72  shot par now 68.80

68.80 shot par now 69.02

69.02 shot par now 69.34

69.34 shot par now 69.75

can anybody explain this please?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 2:29 PM

Par is 72 on St. Andrews (36 for 9 holes) and Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course (36 for 9 holes) and 70 on Bethpage Black (35 for 9 holes). If you shoot "par" and your average is 68.34, it will go up.

• cowjam
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 2:43 PM

I think the game cheats. I shot two 68's on St. Andrews. Enter the tournament and shoot an 8 over. I've spent about 60 bucks on gear and balls and it seems to me that every time I get close to kicking some A$$, the wind or the swing meter, or the uphill both ways putts start hitting me. Scorecard:par, par, bird, par, par, double, double, triple, par. And so on. It cheats. I hate this game and I'm not spending another penny on it. Just wanted to rant...

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 3:26 PM

cowjam:

I think the game cheats. I shot two 68's on St. Andrews. Enter the tournament and shoot an 8 over. I've spent about 60 bucks on gear and balls and it seems to me that every time I get close to kicking some A$, the wind or the swing meter, or the uphill both ways putts start hitting me. Scorecard:par, par, bird, par, par, double, double, triple, par. And so on. It cheats. I hate this game and I'm not spending another penny on it. Just wanted to rant...

LOL- sorry to inform you, but that isn't the game's fault.

It looks to me like you posted a score that relates to your last few-non tourney-rounds.  Just keep practicing, it will come together in a ready go =)
  • cowpen
    771 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 3:46 PM

ok gotcha it isn't a rating as such it's your average didn't realise thanks for clearing it up

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 10:23 AM

One more thing to note .. it's not just your average.   It's the average of your last 14 scores ... so when you play round 15 ... the first one on the list will drop off.   Also, the most current scores are weighted more heavily ... and each course has a different weighting (most likely by each 9 holes) ... so for example Kia back 9 would be easier than BP back 9 and have an easier rating.

Here's what you do .... like many of us playing for about a year or more .... 1) practice your shots and especially your putts on the various green speeds 2) Don't try to figure it out, 3) have fun ... Also, measure what you spend based on how much entertainment you get for your dollar ... with an understanding that WGT has to generate cash to keep adding courses and function.   Personally I spend about 20 bucks a month .... very cheap entertainment if you ask me :)

RSS