Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Quitters

Sat, May 22 2010 2:28 AM (3 replies)
  • OlSarge
    78 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 10:47 PM

I rarely get to finish a round with the foursome I start with.  They always quit and many times it freezes the game for everybody else.  Can you do something about quitters?  Like...give us a "Reputation" option and give the guy who heads up the foursome the power to boot anyone with a bad rep.  Maybe they will stop quitting if they know they'll get a bad rep and get booted every time they try to play.

• GIsenhower
    11 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 2:04 AM

I agree! It sucks to start to play and then your opponent or opponents up and quit when doing badly :-(

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 2:27 AM

This really annoys me too but it has been discussed at length in other threads.

What ever happened to perseverance and sticking things out? I fear it is a general problem with society today that people are more likely to just give up at the first sign of hard work than relish the challenge of overcoming an obstacle.

Twice today I've had people quit on me simply because they had a bad hole.

I worked as a teacher a few years ago and the younger generation seem to be the worst of all. If they weren't spoon fed the answer they just instantly sat back and said 'I can't do it.'

We cant change society, but you can build up a list of friends who you know are going to finish the round they started. If you play random games, you've got to expect to come across some weak-willed, quitting types. Just remember that these guys are likely to be quitters in the real world too and so you are probably earning a lot more money than they are! :)

EDIT: I believe the reputation thing is on the way.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 2:28 AM

reputation tracking is in the wgt pipeline.....though it wont prevent ppl quitting, it will however give you an idea of who plays out their games......or try wgt ladders or golfseekers....groups set up for ppl who dont quit!

RSS