Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting?? Putt with the meter - Putt with the guide - Use both???

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 17 2010 7:41 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 8:47 AM

What i try to do is read the break.....try to look at the halfway point of my putt...wheere ususally its gonna start taking off to the break side....

Then adjust a little further if its downhill or up hill

Judge the halfway point and from there on....then decide if its gonna take off due to break early or late...and adjust from there

• SoCalHacker805
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 11:36 AM

How do you practice putting, I'm new to this and I don't have a problem with getting to the green but putting kills me. How do I practice that>

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 1:00 PM

Hi SCH-(Grew up in SF Valley!)  

First, read the Putting Tips. It was written by a long time veteran, WGTNiv, and will lay out a way for you to calibrate your putter, complete with pictures.

Next, head out to BPB 10. You can get on the green in 2 or 3 and then you have a big green to practice on. You max out after 10 shots so you should get about 7 putts. Just putt back and forth to get it down. Then you can get to #11 the same way for another 7-8 putts.

I like those 2 holes because the greens are big, have different sloped areas and are easy to get to. GL

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 7:41 PM

I'm not a big dog on here. I'm a small fish.

HOWEVER..

I've noticed that I constantly over-read putts when trying to ONLY use the shot projection. I seldom exclusively use only the shot trajectory/projection. I usually try to hit it by feel (the meter). Again.. i'm just empathizing. I'm not a great putter. I have many of the same questions that you (THE O.P.) do. I guess it's just a matter of experience. Hard to describe and frustrating at first.. My directive is to keep playing. Keep trying. Eventually, I will learn.

Putting is the hardest part of this game... much like REAL golf.

• PAGES
RSS