Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Artifically high handicapps ... quitting on last hole

Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:14 PM (46 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 2:49 PM

And please don't bring up revenue. Making ranked rounds be played to completion, can only help revenue, not hurt it. There is not a person on this planet that can argue that actually having people take more strokes in this game will decrease revenue.

• YOQUESWEDEN
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 4:30 AM

Totally agree with you Iva.

Just finished a game with a pro with an avg  of 74,20. I'm a pro with an avg of 81,80 at this moment, sending in all my crappy results.

Our game was rather bad and before 9th and last hole I was +6 and he +9. Of course he quit during hole 9. My avg increased by 0,2 or something. His would have increased more of course, but hey is it worth those tiny points letting people believe you''re way better than you actually are.

I think an abandoned game should cost more than finishing one. If a hack starts at 150

you could have these "prices" for disconnecting (for good or bad reasons, who knows)

Master 80 shots

Pro 90 shots

Amateur 100 shots

Hack 110 shots

If this is considered unfair 90 or 100 shots for all.

Jocke, Sweden

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 12:44 PM

Stryder1261:
    Maybe if the reputation ranking showed a percentage of how often a player completes a round

Hi Stryder,

WGT is going to implement this idea in the near future. Check out the Roadmap features here.  : )

• tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 1:51 PM

This is a very good idea!

• tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 1:53 PM

WGTniv:

Hi Fletch,

Just FYI one of the planned features on our roadmap is Player Reputation Tracking.  While that won't provide the end-all solution to the quitting issue, it will allow players to see ahead of time the completion rates of their partner's multiplayer games.  That should enable most players to make good decisions about who they decide to tee it up with and should lead to a much lower rate of disconnections.

I Forgot to quote. This is a very good idea!

• tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 1:56 PM

jbenny11:
    play for creds nobody quits

How do you play for creds? Unless you are in a country club?

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:14 PM

tdexpress:

jbenny11:
    play for creds nobody quits

How do you play for creds? Unless you are in a country club?

Match play challenge. check it out in the faqs.

RSS