Help › Forums

Re: Certificate Expired

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 26 2010 9:50 AM (6 replies)
  • budgie472
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 1:59 PM

Sir,

In the past i have had no problems with using your site but recently i have been unable to access your site due to a cetificate error, reporting that the site certificate has expired.

I have tried on my friends PC and it worked ok

I have un-installed and re-installed my browser and tried 2 other browsers but still to no pervail.

Please could you advise as to a solution?

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 10:07 PM

budgie,

If you have a favorite saved for the site, remove the favorite from your favorites list (or bookmarks, depending on your browser). Then manually type in

www.wgt.com

in your browsers address bar to navigate back to it. Once there, save the favorite again based on that window, and it should take care of that issue.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 10:59 PM

Check the date on your computer, it's wrong. 

Fix it and you'll be fine! 

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 2:02 AM

TheLighterDark:

Check the date on your computer, it's wrong. 

Fix it and you'll be fine! 

yes thas it..wife changed calender  while making airline booking ..same result

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 1:19 PM

It can actually screw up if only off but a few hours, but the problem is most likely the original poster's month or year... which will be [most likely] when he registered his computer/operating system a few months/years ago. 

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Wed, Oct 20 2010 4:18 PM

It is happening to me now? Please help me understand this. I turned on my computer yesterday and had the time at 11 something pm so I changed it and then tried opening up WGT and it wasn't working saying it had a SSL Error? So all I have to do is clear my favorite of it the n it will work again?

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 9:50 AM

WGT please address this ASAP

The security (or SSL) certificate for this website indicates that the organization operating it may not have undergone trusted third-party validation that it is a legitimate business. Although the information passed between you and this website will be encrypted, you have no assurance of who you are actually exchanging information with, and many websites connected to cyber-crimes use this type of security certificate. Prior to exchanging sensitive information including login/password, personal identity information, or financial details such as credit card numbers with any website that generates this warning, you should find some alternative method of validating this business or consider abandoning the transaction.

Please purchase a VALID  certificate

RSS