Help › Forums

Re: quote option not working

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 7 2010 5:08 PM (4 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 4:31 PM

WGT,

The forums are flying lately, and the increased speed is very welcome. I recently tried to highlight a part of a posters message and clicked the 'quote' option, and the screen refreshed but no quote was inserted. This method used to allow me to quote a portion of the post.

I haven't tested quoting an entire post, but just wanted to let you know that this part 'no worky'.

edit: just tried to quote this entire post, it didn't work either. Is there a new process in place for quoting posts within responses?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 4:32 PM

VanHalenLover:
    I haven't tested quoting an entire post, but just wanted to let you know that this part 'no worky'.
    Worked for me here, VHL... 

Sometimes you will get the reply box without the toolbar above.... that means the formatting is borked, too.  Hitting the "Quote" button once resets the toolbar, hitting it again will actually quote.

Peace.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 4:37 PM

just tried again Snaike, nothing working on my end. Maybe its just my account; it would be my luck, lol.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 4:43 PM

Oh.. I really hate to say this, mate.. but have you tried to clear your caches?

I ask because mine were cleared this morning and I am having no issues at all.

Good luck.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 5:08 PM

Snaike:

Oh.. I really hate to say this, mate.. but have you tried to clear your caches?

I ask because mine were cleared this morning and I am having no issues at all.

Good luck.

I did 2 days ago Snaike. Now, for whatever reason, its all good again........

RSS