Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game freezing up

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 5 2010 1:58 PM (2 replies)
  • navylarry
    196 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 1:36 PM

Why is the game freezing up ???? It happens anywhere, course does not matter nor hole. I sometimes can't get past the first 1 or 2 holes then start over...

WGT blames my connection but I know it is the game and not me..Does anyone else have this problem??

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 1:44 PM

All I know is If I play on my desktop,it will freeeeeeez.

But on my laptop I have no trouble at all.so what does that tell u

also check side panel for help________________________________________

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 1:58 PM

Hi larry,

Game freezes are usually a result of losing connection to the server or being unable to load a file that is cached on your PC.  There are various causes for both, but either should be solved with a browser cache and flash cache clearing.  You can flush your caches by reading this blog post.

Any time we release a new update we change the files on our servers.  That means you'll often have some out of date files after each update.  This is normal during the BETA because we often make changes to the game and sometimes they can be rather significant.

Clearing your caches resets your game options, so be sure to reset any options like Graphics Quality or Flagstick Animations to your personal preferences before you tee off.  You may experience a longer than normal load time while you play your first round after flushing caches.  This is normal because your PC is re-caching the new files.  Subsequent rounds should perform much better.

Hope that helps. =)

RSS