Re: What do your eyes do?

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 12 2010 5:26 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 5:36 AM

dorkfeatures:
    I have found that you need to be really sharp ALL the time. You cant get lazy, thinking you have an easy shot. I tend to plan my rounds ahead of schedule - maybe when I have an afternoon off or an evening when I'm doing nothing. So - I put in a few practice rounds and then, having set myself for a particular day and time  - I find I'm fresh and ready to go. Then I go for it.

That's because you've completed the 12 Step Program For Golf Addiction. (Heard you spent a nice bit of time at a resort for addicts.) There are a few of us that don't recognize certain signs the body gives us though. :(   Like nodding off in a match waiting for your turn and jerking awake at 5 secs left and hurriedly making the shot. ( You know, the kind of nod off where you drool all over the desktop.)  Or when your legs fall asleep because you've been sitting in the same position for four hours, trying to get under 100 points at the Oakmont CTTH!!

It's a sickness you have managed, df. You are to be commended. For those of us that haven't, I guess we are condemned.  GTG-my turn.   :-D

• atadad
    14 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 4:28 AM

I would say think more about the individual shot , than the ding. Ringing the bell should not always be a goal. Just like in the real world most shots on WGT set up for a draw or a fade , 

lets say you have long a shot on a par 3  and the only shot that will hold close to the hole is a high fade then you want to go way past the mark. 

Some holes your best shot is a  draw, so in this case you gotta stop short 

A power fade or draw with a wind will give you 40 more yds off the tee versus the ding , on some holes.

I could go on and on but you get the point. Just enjoy 

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 5:26 AM

Hey Yankee,

You've picked me no trouble !! Very very funny though lol

Yeh - I'm addicted alright :-)  But I cant be throwing good money after bad. Thats why I set myself up to play certain rounds or in comps. That way you have a better chance to play well.

Just taking a couple of days off, and not playing at all is great to. (Does that mean I'm still an addict ?)  I find when I come back I tend to be really sharp. Its very easy to get burnout, 4 hrs trying to get under 100 - WOW thats painful. My best 105.

Anyway pace yourself.

Cheers

Doug

• PAGES
RSS