Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gotta hand it to you guys...

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:44 PM (5 replies)
  • RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 11:39 AM

Still, after many, many CTTH rounds, I still have yet to make it through without even missing a green...  I just can't compete... *sigh*

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 11:50 AM

Starter clubs make the CTTH difficult to say the least, but can be done. Upgrading to a better ball would be the first step to improving though. Don't give-up, you'll compete eventually.

Good luck

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 12:32 PM

RChapman2010:

Still, after many, many CTTH rounds, I still have yet to make it through without even missing a green...  I just can't compete... *sigh*

But you will. Start by picking one venue. Play it only. Learn to own a hole by finding the basic shot required. Then learn the next one. The pin placements don't change. The wind can. To learn the basic shot, try to play in only low wind. I first learned CTTH at Kiawah and at Wolf. The basic shots I learned there were with starter clubs and ball and when I play those two now, I lose my upgraded clubs & balls and equip with the starter clubs because my basic shot is so ingrained. I've aced every hole except #1 at Kiawah and #3 and #9 at Wolf. You can too.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 1:05 PM
    The CTTH tournies are fun and frustrating. I don't play them much but what SP says is dead on. Pick one to play and play it 15 or 20 times, only takes a few minutes to play them. You will get so you know the bounces, the wind effect etc. Still can't get to some of Avatar's numbers or even SP's for that matter but you can get all nine greens and a decent score. You still will have that nine where you hit the first 8 greens and are excited and then dump it in a trap on 9 and get 60 feet on it...esp on the 9th at Oakmont but it is fun. SP none of us mortals can ace all those holes at Kiaway like you.
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:20 PM

TarheelsRule:
    SP none of us mortals can ace all those holes at Kiaway like you.

Oh yes you can! As always, you are too kind. Once, while playing one of the CTTH games, I hit it so badly, time after time, with several meter spooks but with a desire to try a different shot idea at the ninth, my score was in excess of 1100 feet and noticed I was in 17,658th place. And my spirit with CTTH has always been the same. Go again, and try to be in 17,657th place. A fun game and one that improves player shotmaking like nothing else. Putting? I have no advice.  

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:44 PM

Good stuff SP.

For new folks, most CTTH contest prizes are determined by Random Drawing.  In those, it doesn't really matter what our score is as far as prizes are concerned. 

I usually play the Random Drawing Sweeps at least once to enter the contest, then I concentrate on the Monthly and Weekly CTTH contests that pay credits (not much) to the top 70 Best Scores.  Although the prizes are different, Oakmont and and SA (front 9) CTTH are also Best Scores.         

Joey

RSS