Help › Forums

Re: Multi-Play Quitters???

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:51 AM (4 replies)
  • aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 1:57 PM

WGT Multi-Play Summary

These are my current results of Multi-Players who Quit their rounds and those who actually Finished their rounds with me from 04/03/2010 thru 04/24/2010.     Yes, I played or tried to play with everyone of these players...ha!    I must say that there were a few times I quit also.... slow play was the main reason..... with one time leaving due to side effect problem of the Chemo treatments I am undergoing... and yes, I did send that player a message with an explanation.

Tier               Total Players      Quit      %              Finished       %

MASTER            22                    14       63%              8           37%

PRO                  259                 159      62%           100           38%

AMATEUR         35                    20       57%           15            43%

HACK                  9                      7         78%              2            22%

Total Players regardless of TIER  =    325

Quit  =       200     62%

Finished   =      125     38%    

I should mention that 36 players quit using the Red X at the upper RH corner of screen and thus froze out the game for all.

As you can see... It's all the Tiers who quit.... but I am most annoyed at the TOTAL number of players ( 62%) who start a round and do not finish.     Why have a feature that only 38% of the players use completely?     I hope WGT takes steps to fix this annoying problem.

There doesn't have to be any kind of punishment, or strokes added to their average.... just simply this.

Lock the game up for them for a specified period of time  ( say, 24 hours???)      they have a choice...  if they quit, they must  finish their round on their own as a solo, or wait 24 hours to un-lock their game.     Simple remedy ! 

WGT should be able to differentiate between a freeze, power outage, WGT error message, or the player who clicks the END GAME Box or clicks the RED X at the top RH corner of their screen.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 3:26 PM

Again.. and I am not being sarcastic.

The reason you have 62% failing to finish is because of what you start.

If you really want to see that number lowered then you have to stop playing random pick-up games.

Play with people you know.  Play with people with a common goal or purpose (like the ladders).  There is a reason for the 'Friends List'.

You have to change your mindset.  You have to think that 100% of random games with complete strangers is going to fall apart as soon as someone has a bad hole or bad shot.  

To wish that every random game is going to go the distance is a pipe-dream at best... and a bit delusional at worst.

Again, there is no sarcasm or malicious intent here, Acey... just some advice from someone who's been here a long time and has seen this exact post (minus statistics of course) about 9,000 times.

I encourage you to join the ladders.  Your friends list will expand and you will enjoy this game so much more.

Best of luck with the chemo, too.

*** Edit.... another point.  There is a chat room at the Ladders where you can talk directly with the better players and get their tips and hints.  Every time I have been there they are doing their level best to help someone out.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 4:15 PM

I think you mistakenly misinterpreted my post...ha!      I too, have read all of the posts concerning this topic and I just simply wanted to put numbers and percentages to it.     I really don't care if they quit or why.... just wanted to get my own personal experience behind this phenomenon!     I completely agree with your post and do play with my friends.    That is also one of the flaws in my statistics... they included my friends as finishers... so really, the percentage of quitters should be higher.    My purpose for the post was to get WGT people to read it and realize  there is a problem and I am not just another poster complaining.     My intent was not to complain, but to point out the high percentage of quitters and how annoying this practice of quitting really is to those of us who just want to enjoy a good game of golf.     I also believe it is not me who should want to see that percentage of quitters lowered, but WGT..... they're the ones who own the product and should be concerned by the number of complaints THEIR customers have in these.... (in your words, 9,000 times) posts.     Thank you for your insight and as a "friend" now.. we will be playing soon.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 5:01 PM

aceydeucey:
    Thank you for your insight and as a "friend" now.. we will be playing soon
    Looking forward to it.

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:51 AM
    Ladders is the place to play non-quitters. If you play a game and they quit, it's not because of a bad shot. It's more likely family or friends or someting along that lines showed up. Join ladders, play here, get ranked here and at ladders all at the same time. ladders site is located here http://www.wgtls.co.uk/forums/main.php
RSS