Help › Forums

Re: Top-Flites

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 6 2010 12:25 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 3:49 PM

I have never used, for any length of time, any ball except Titleist. Am I being stupid?

• TarheelsRule
    5,483 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 3:54 PM

I would never call you stupid SP.  However I can say that I have used a number of balls over my golfing career and find that you really should play around with them.  I used Titleist for a long time and then switched to Maxfli for a few years.  I played some Callaway balls a few years back and liked those as well.  I tried out some Srixon the other day, I think they were the Z version, not the most expensive, second most I think and I really liked them, great distance and flew high.  It definitely is worth grabbing a sleeve and trying them out from time to time.

• Dannyphantom
    85 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 8:27 PM

If we are talking old school top of the line golf balls the Maxfie HT Balata was the best ball in its day.  Didnt give you the best distance but it was the best for all other shots :)

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 10:26 PM

I like the wiffle balls. I can bang them a good 30 yards and I know as much about them as you rocket scientists do about anything beyond Hollister or whatever brand name you've been indoctrinated to believe in. Silly consumers. You have no mind. No soul.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 8:38 AM

Dannyphantom:
    Maxfie HT Balata was the best ball in its day

I think the Titleist Balata 100 compression ball was the best. Better hit it right, though, or you find it smiling at you when you get to it-that cover said NO to anything but a good hit. :)

Do you think some deviate at WGT might be thinking "Hey! There's a good idea! Let's make a ball with the ultimate attributes but have it become unplayable because of a bad hit (missed snap.")   OIY!    :-D

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 9:31 AM

smason77:

I like the wiffle balls. I can bang them a good 30 yards and I know as much about them as you rocket scientists do about anything beyond Hollister or whatever brand name you've been indoctrinated to believe in. Silly consumers. You have no mind. No soul.

There may just be a speck of wisdom from you yet...I hope,hope hope...the first time I shot under 70, a 68, was with a range ball I thankfully had because I got in a hurry to play but forgot to ball up...except for the three striped range balls I had accidently stolen. 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 9:41 AM

I like that... "accidently stolen"!  Kinda like the Brink's truck robbery... accidently stolen money.  Or like when I used to accidently sneak onto private country clubs.  I'm laughing.  It's Sunday, I'm going out the the r/l golf course.  Where the greens actually fit onto the stimpmeter.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 9:59 AM

Doublemochaman:
    I like that... "accidently stolen"!  Kinda like the Brink's truck robbery... accidently stolen money. 

Heh-On your way out to the course look around and see if DB Cooper isn't still hiding around there! 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 10:03 AM

YJ... I'll be looking around to see if I can find the Mariner's bats...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 12:25 PM

You are absolutely preaching to the choir, DMM.  The Yankees are averaging less than 1 run a game vs the Jays. Thank God the Rays are losing too.

• PAGES
RSS