Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can someone explain this...no one has been able to yet

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 21 2010 8:05 PM (6 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:41 PM

since making master, not one shot plays as it should. the meter is a mess. the wind never plays correctly, and often shots travel against a cross wind

can anyone explain this to me?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:48 PM

Iva, I would try clearing out my flash player cashe, as that's usually the culprit.

Congrats on making it to master.... you can find help with your flash player over here..>

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:54 PM

flash is empty, the game is a mess

i just missed a perfectly hit flat putt from 2 feet, then the next hole made a 20 foot mishit putt

starting to seem like a pretty pointless game to play if you just hit the ball and hope it does what it should

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 5:04 PM

Well I seem to be having some deviations today, my clubs are WAY shorter than they normally are, this is a first for me, at least this particular type of deviation. 

Didn't notice anything the last few days just today.

Also, anytime you change something like a "tier" or buy a new club it seems  get hairy for a bunch of rounds, not sure why exactly but that could be part of what you are seeing.

GL hope it corrects itself.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 5:07 PM

Iva,

The game plays and computes your shot results exactly the same regardless of the tier you are in or the clubs you are using.  I notice all of your clubs are precision 1 clubs, which by definition means the ball doesn't always go where you want it to.  The trade off you enjoy for low precision is high forgiveness which means you can mishit rather wildly at times and see a minimal penalty.  However, keep in mind that precision affects every shot, not just the dings.  Higher precision clubs will land near their target more often, but the trade-off is a severe mishit penalty.

The real difference between Master and Pro is that you are usually playing high-lofted short irons into greens as a Pro.  As a Master you are playing middle to long irons instead.  That's a significant change in ball flight and spin behavior, so it will take some time to adjust accordingly.

For the stuttering problem you usually need to clear your browser cache, not the flash.  Only in-game options and basic flash elements are stored in the flash cache.  The majority of the course/game files are saved in your browser cache.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 9:17 PM

Hi Iva,

Sorry cant help. I turned Master not so many months ago, and didnt see any of the issues you mention.

As Niv says the big difference is you tend to be hitting longer, hence flatter shots into the greens - takes a bit of getting use to. Also with the longer shots in, any slight mishits will mean poorer results.

Stick with it.

Cheers

Doug

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 8:05 PM

IvaThongon:

since making master, not one shot plays as it should. the meter is a mess. the wind never plays correctly, and often shots travel against a cross wind

can anyone explain this to me?

Your thong is too tight. Wear boxers.

RSS