Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Golfseeker

Wed, Apr 21 2010 5:06 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 3:21 PM

Can you please enlighten me as to why my post has been removed please WGTniv?  I do not like people dissing my work or my efforts  into creating something that is designed to enhance the experience of others.  I was in no way vindictive. I was simply stating facts.

Is it one rule for one and none for others?   I know  I haven't reached the dizzy heights of 2000+ posts. As I tend to limit ,my posts to stuff that is relevant, however, I am not prepared to sit back and allow someone to take shots at my efforts, without having a just cause.

Please replace those comments as it is important for people tio understand that ONE person cannot destroy a thread.

Thank you in anticipation of seeing common sense

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 3:35 PM

Hi Crazyman,

Sometimes when we delete part of a discussion to reset a thread, it is not because each post was necessarily offensive or inappropriate, but because the discussion had taken a nasty turn as a whole.

While some posts may have been acceptable, they would not have made sense outside of the context of the conversation as a whole, which we chose to remove.  The thread as a whole was neither deleted nor locked, so that the conversation can continue in a civil manner.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 3:40 PM

Hi WGTadmin

I fully understand what you are saying. however I am not prepared to take a back seat when someone that has no idea on what they are talking about can simply diss me or any person or their efforts. That is just not acceptable. But to defend myself, I don't see why I should, along with two previous other posts, be subject to the same censorship.

I  did find the offender to be "abusive" to the point that I needed to reply. I believe it would be appropriate for the posts to return to put the whole thing back into perspective.

I don't go around abusing fellow WGT members, and I certainly have no intention of starting that childish behaviour.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 3:57 PM

As we explained, the whole discussion, after it took a turn for the worse, was removed. 

We chose not to leave any of the posts because they wouldn't have made much sense outside of their context, which we deleted.  While I can understand why you replied, and not all posts were inappropriate, we chose to remove the entire discussion.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 4:03 PM

So that means the offender gets away scot-free  with simply creating a fiasco ? And airs his/her views and condems someone/something without any recourse? And also so that the offending post  can be witnessed by others  and then removed before anyone gets a chance to  respond?  Is that how it works?   Seems a little dictatorial to me.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 4:06 PM

CM2 just let it be bud... we all know who these guys are that have to interject their irrelevant 2 cents into every post in this forum... no need to defend yourself or your actions. The posts have been wiped so the thread can get back to it's intended subject without trolls screwing it up. :)

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 5:06 PM

We have the right to remove any posts we determine to be inflammatory, offensive, or unproductive.  We also don't discuss disciplinary actions taken behind the scenes.  This thread is being locked.

• PAGES
RSS