Help › Forums

Re: TM Tour Preferred vs Ping i15 Masters

Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:38 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 7:50 AM

Richard4168:

I agree Jim. The Taylomade's just didn't feel as solid as the Ping wedges do. I'll sacrifice a half dot of spin for four dots of accuracy any day.   : )

Just keep in mind you're only picking up 1/2 dot more in that accuracy at the cost of forgiveness. Satins at 3 1/2 vs Pings at 4 BUT that 1/2 dot extra in forgiveness on the Satins makes a difference for the ding-challenged.  ;-)

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:51 AM

YankeeJim:

Richard4168:

I agree Jim. The Taylomade's just didn't feel as solid as the Ping wedges do. I'll sacrifice a half dot of spin for four dots of accuracy any day.   : )

Just keep in mind you're only picking up 1/2 dot more in that accuracy at the cost of forgiveness. Satins at 3 1/2 vs Pings at 4 BUT that 1/2 dot extra in forgiveness on the Satins makes a difference for the ding-challenged.  ;-)

And when you have the abitity to fire at a flag and know it will stop dead, even on BP #4 then the forgiveness doesn't mean anything.

Just my opinion

-King

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:25 PM

raidermatt1:

Obviously the pings are the way to go, but IMO the trajectory of pings needs to be brought down a little, and the trajectory of tm's need to go up a little. Inrl taylor made clubs are superb clubs and probably some of the best in the world, but for a master in this game they are virtually unplayble.

I know i'm off topic a bit but IMO in real life taylormade irons just suck. I know maybe 2 or 3 single digit handicapers who play with taylormade irons.  In real life Taylormade is good with one thing DRIVERS, I personally won't play with any driver but TM in both real life and WGT.  However, for iron's the best in the buisness is either Ping or Titliest.  JMO

-King 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 1:04 PM

KOTC, best in the business (ping or titleist) or highest paying club endorser?  I wouldn't trade my Mizuno MP 30 for anything but another set of Mizunos, like butta.

• ttaylor0024
    13 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 4:20 PM

I use the TM TPs, more fun IMO. Just put some spin on it and fire away! Its really not that hard to shoot low scores with them, just get used to them and you will be on your merry way. On Kiawah Island #4 I carried the bunker with my 3I, and had it stop 3 feet past the hole, crazy spin. On BP, they are a little tougher, but in the wind they are also amazing. 

Pick your poison- higher meter, higher flight, and more wind movement, or lower meter, lower flight, and higher spin?

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:38 AM

neildiamond11790:

KOTC, best in the business (ping or titleist) or highest paying club endorser?  I wouldn't trade my Mizuno MP 30 for anything but another set of Mizunos, like butta.

Titliest AP2 year 2009; only reason I don't have this years is because mine have square groves.

• PAGES
RSS