Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Looking for a club where people participate.

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 31 2012 2:52 PM (4 replies)
  • mystiffwood
    74 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:24 AM

I am in one right now but most people are in it and do nothing. It would be nice to find an active club that sheds the inactive dead weight.

• thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 10:22 AM

the uk golfers elite cc is always looking for active members! were a friendly active club and all we ask is that people take part in the comps and read the forum! every nationality welcome!

tws

• Clintobean
    18 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 11:12 AM

Hey, I'm am relatively new but I'm definitely getting the game down.. i started a couple weeks ago and I'm quite active and looking for a club. So, I'm going to apply if that is okay. Thanks!

• pjctas0822
    4,554 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 12:23 PM

The Glamouflage Fairplay GC should have a few Open spots. While we are small we usually have a 75% participation in most of our tourneys.

I would tell you more but I am still new there. FYI . I run a real style PGA type tournament each week with money winnings and follow the real PGA schedule.

I think we are pretty authentic because of the type of tournaments we do.

EJBOT is Boss Lady. If your interested you need to contact her.

We do have some tight rules :

The GLAMOUFLAGE FAIRPLAY GC membership rules (w.e.f. 1st April 2012)

• in order to maintain club membership, a member has to score at least 20 points per calendar month (members who join during the month will be exempt from this rule)
    • 1 point per club tournament played, whether it is closest to the hole / 18 hole / 9 hole and irrespective of whether it is a paid or free tournament
    • an additional 15 points for a win, 9 for 2nd, 8 for 3rd down to 1 for 10th
    • comparison of level at the beginning of the month vs level at the end of the month - 1 point per level improved
    • 10 points for each tier improvement
    • if a member quits, his points will default to ZERO
    • members are free to host their own tournaments, however, members are requested to host no more than 2 tournaments a week (in any format)
    • minimum entry requirements:-  Level 20 and 20 ranked rounds

Club standings will be published at the end of each month.

• mystiffwood
    74 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:52 PM

Thank you for the wonderful replies. I really appreciate it.

RSS