Forums

Help › Forums

Showdown oppo's

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 8 2024 2:21 PM (5 replies)
  • MattyNic0
    33 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2024 11:24 AM

I've noticed this for some time now.  I have just played the latest showdown qualifier (Speedway, rookie)  and took notes of the three players I played against out of curiosity to see how they finished and not for the first time I can't find them at all in the finishing table.  

Why is this?  

• HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2024 12:42 PM

MattyNic0:
    Why is this?  

There are, quite possibly, thousands playing the showdown rookie division. They are randomly grouped in "flights" of 100. Most likely, the players you were matched up against are in a different grouping than you are.

Nothing sinister is going on :)

• MattyNic0
    33 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2024 1:54 PM

HamdenPro:

MattyNic0:
    Why is this?  

Nothing sinister is going on :)

I never said there was.  

• MarchieB
    1,526 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2024 3:09 PM

When playing in a Showdown there is no guarantee that the person you're playing against is even playing in the Showdown (hence all the quitters) 
    It's just a random player in a 3 hole coin game.
    In fact it's probably more likely that they aren't playing the showdown as it's unlikely that both players need to play the same 3 holes of the showdown.

• MattyNic0
    33 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2024 9:06 AM

MarchieB:

When playing in a Showdown there is no guarantee that the person you're playing against is even playing in the Showdown (hence all the quitters) 
    It's just a random player in a 3 hole coin game.
    In fact it's probably more likely that they aren't playing the showdown as it's unlikely that both players need to play the same 3 holes of the showdown.

I didn't know that, thanks.   I always assumed that everyone playing was in the showdown as I've played plenty who've said in chat they are playing the same showdown.  

• HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2024 2:21 PM

MattyNic0:
    I never said there was.

I did not mean to imply you suggested anything sinister. I was just trying to be helpful and provide one, of a few, possibilities.

As for the players that said they were playing a showdown, if any of them did, and you did not see them on your leaderboard, the reason would be that they were in a different grouping (of 100).

RSS