Forums

Help › Forums

Release Notes 3/29

Fri, Apr 7 2023 8:41 PM (50 replies)
  • ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 6:19 AM

Along the same lines as Okiechuck there, I'm also "old school" and set my club's tourneys on the Web...but I'll be darned if I can find these options to set them to start at midnight or to activate the apparel bonus. I can't find them on the Website tourney setup or on the app tourney setup. Clearly I'm missing something. 

I set up my club tourneys for the week today, and noticed that they were automatically defaulted to start TWO hours after I created them....why? How did that happen when I never even saw the option to enter a time to start each tourney?

Dazed and Confuzed

Sean

• AussieDavo11
    1,948 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 5:43 PM

I have been using the WGT L30 Legends ball for years. And I play against many others also using it.

So you just delete it. The "replacement" new balls do not have the same specifications (not one of them does...) and you have increased your prices per ball.

Great way to lose customers (especially the long standing loyal ones).

Again, sad.

Meanwhile my Club Profile web page still shows about 40 former Friends I deleted up to 12 moths ago....

• sueomeara
    2,917 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 3:10 AM

Hi,

I own a club and set all my tournaments this morning 7.45 am GMT there is nothing saying about pick when I want them to start. They all have starts in 8 hours an I have no way of changing it. You say we won't get the updates now until next week but obviously some of it is there !!!!.

Why not leave it to start when owners set them but if they don't want it to start then they can change it. Surely that would then leave it up to them, and those who are happy with as they set them would not have to worry.

A lot of people go to the old side to sign up for tournaments as they can enter them all at the same time but can play them at their leisure, which is exactly what I do. As it is on the new side if you click enter you have to play them right then which I know from my members they don't like that that way.

Why does WGT always mess with things that are ok but don't touch the things that really need doing. You do updates and then do more updates to sort out the mess ups the first update did. Don't you ever try it out before telling the world just in case somethings wrong ?????, which seems to always be the case.

Sue

• AlaskanDame
    18,997 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 12:11 PM

+1000

We don’t want delayed starts.  And Sue is exactly right about the “have to play right away” if entering from the app.  That’s nutz.

And # of allowed tourneys and finding tee markers still is wrong on the app, so have to go to browser to get right anyway.  Don’t mess with it!  And/or fix the app, please.

• SpacemanSpiff76
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2023 7:49 AM

The cleanup of balls came with an across the board increase in their price.  My favorite went from 64 to 72.   Without a corresponding change in in credit earning or purchase price decrease.   Really frustrating.

• okiechuck
    6,484 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2023 11:44 PM

Back to the CC tourneys. I just set up a bracket tournament on the Web page and the shot time said ready in 17 hours. But I see someone has already signed up for the tourney. I messaged the individual and he told me he went to the app page, enter and played the tourney. My question is: WHY THE TIMER?  And while we are on the soap box, several have asked me why we can't use the apparel bonus in Club tournaments. We spent enough on ball playing the arcade style coin games (that should be relegated to I-Pads and leave golf for the PCs) but, I digress, we should able to use the apparel bonus. We should either be able to use it or make it go away. Just sayin'

Cheers

• okiechuck
    6,484 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2023 11:58 PM

pdb1:
    I am however referring to millions of abandoned acounts and other multi media programs with various corruption ).

I agree with pdb1. There too many abandoned players and country clubs. My original thoughts were these accounts and CCs were to prove membership and usage in order to attract new courses. But, since that is not happening, I wonder why they are still "cluttering" up the system. I suggest giving everyone a period of time to either play or contact WGT for an extension or be removed from the rolls. Just my thoughts.

Cheers

• sueomeara
    2,917 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2023 7:08 AM

Hi,

Well said the amount of dead clubs in wgt forums is a joke, they should clear out all the dead wood they might find their servers run better. Then get rid of all those people who think that changing the background colours of the friends list, or the colour of the club Directors is Soooooo important to the running of the game. Then maybe just maybe try and sort out the issues that make the game run which actually does affect the people who play it.

But wait is that a pig in the sky ?

Sue

• ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2023 7:19 AM

Totally agree with all of these suggestions to clean out the deadwood. (clubs, balls, worthless options, etc) But am I overstepping my boundaries by including in that list of deadwood all of the thousands, if not more, of players who have left the game for whatever reasons? Can't we make a cutoff like absent for 5 years or more? I gotta believe that holding onto all those players is using up valuable server and/or storage resources. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Sean

RSS