Forums

Help › Forums

Disappearing owner

Thu, Jan 19 2023 6:46 AM (31 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 12:12 PM

Not to mention the fact that the automated " place a member in a CC ". Continues to place new members with no clue into ownerless dead CC's .

In my case i am a member of a cc and play mostly on laptop .

I started playing on ipad as well and to my surprise i was placed in one of those automated cc's first time i signed on .

So now i was in two clubs - one on laptop and one on ipad .

A few weeks later this automated cc disappeared and i am back in my first cc on both .

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 1:06 PM

alosso:

2. License Grant; General Use Restrictions

The Application is licensed to you, not sold. WGT grants you a personal, limited [...] license to use the Application on compatible devices you own or control for your non-commercial, entertainment use, subject to your compliance with these Terms. [...]  This license does not grant you any title or ownership in the Application.

I'd understand if WGT wouldn't want to engage here, but IMHO they are entitled to revoke ownership of CCs and install a new owner.

The language you quoted does not specifically provide WGT with the ability to revoke a CC, paid for by a member, in order to grant the license to use to another member.

It also does not give WGT the right to revoke the limited use license if the owner is otherwise in compliance with the Terms and Conditions as set forth therein.

As currently written, IMO, WGT cannot simply revoke ownership and transfer it to another member.

However, it can change the T & C to allow it to do so. The T & C contains the following:

"WGT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME AND WE SHALL NOTIFY YOU OF SUCH REVISIONS BY POSTING AN UPDATED VERSION OF THESE TERMS ON THE APPLICATION. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REGULARLY REVIEWING THESE TERMS. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE APPLICATION SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR CONSENT TO SUCH CHANGES."

I would suggest that WGT consider changing the T & C to include a provision which allows it to replace an owner if absent for a particular period of time (maybe years). It can further provide that WGT, in its discretion, may return ownership to the owner if such owner comes back and makes a request for same, and after review of the circumstances.

• Kittykat2017
    514 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 2:25 PM
    This post has been deleted.
  • nopro17
    16,168 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 10:18 PM

HamdenPro:
    I would suggest that WGT consider changing the T & C to include a provision which allows it to replace an owner if absent for a particular period of time (maybe years). It can further provide that WGT, in its discretion, may return ownership to the owner if such owner comes back and makes a request for same, and after review of the circumstances.

Another idea to ponder ...

Allow owners to fill out a form:

"Please allow [player name] to become the owner of The Peoples Club if I, nopro17, have not been active for [time frame]."

It's a matter of adding a couple of fields to the owner record in the database table, a few lines of HTML on the Owner Tools page and a few more lines of code to save the information to the table.

It takes WGT off the hook and allows the club to continue if I disappeared for whatever reason.

Although the solution can be quickly implemented and would do the job, it's obviously not a perfect solution.  The named player might also be inactive or might not want to accept ownership when WGT contacts them.  Presumably, the owner would keep the details updated with active players who are willing to take the job.

This won't help any of the clubs with owners who have abandoned ship but it's certainly something that will allow current owners to implement a succession plan for their club.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2023 4:13 PM

pdb1:
    I think I said all that on the previous page .

Lol, Jacktrade51 brought it up on P1, nopro17 added details of what his club does.

somewhere between you suggested something different I think, although I admit to some confusion. 

Possibly a clause stating that before deletion or abandonment . An offer or notice must be made to offer relinquishment of ownership . If failed to inform in this manner . And subsequently is inactive for more than 1 month . Ownership will be placed in suspension . Open for application for new ownership . Upon review .

• Zzyzx01
    1,251 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2023 7:30 PM

Looks like they figured out a way to continue on.  That's good news.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2023 12:27 AM

HamdenPro:
    The language you quoted does not specifically provide WGT with the ability to revoke a CC, paid for by a member, in order to grant the license to use to another member.
    Well, "limited" means to me that they can discontinue the ownership license. Then, nothing prohibits them to gift that license to another customer, like they gift licenses of clubs or balls etc.

HamdenPro:
    It also does not give WGT the right to revoke the limited use license if the owner is otherwise in compliance with the Terms and Conditions as set forth therein.
    It was never in discussion as a punishment. "Limited use" stands for it's own.

HamdenPro:
    As currently written, IMO, WGT cannot simply revoke ownership and transfer it to another member.
    I agree to disagree.

A succession notice in the Owner's Tools, as stated here, is a nice idea.

RSS