Forums

Help › Forums

Free credit videos stopped paying off

Thu, Sep 7 2023 12:42 PM (201 replies)
  • WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2022 2:51 PM

Nope, the powers above me have been trying to get an ETA out of them so we can relay it to you all 

SimonTheBeetle:
    So did they say anything about when this whole thing would be back in normal?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,527 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2022 2:55 PM

WGTNico:

Nope, the powers above me have been trying to get an ETA out of them so we can relay it to you all 

SimonTheBeetle:
    So did they say anything about when this whole thing would be back in normal?

Thank you, Nico. :)

• 19015graham
    544 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2022 2:55 PM

Regarding Credits 

I just this minute completed a survey from Tapjoy. It awarded me 183 credits . I checked my credit balance on WGT and it only gave me 90 credits ??

This problem has been happening for about 2 years ….it never rewards me with  the actual number of credits awarded . My question is Why??……and where does the shortfall go ??

I have raised the subject of Credits with WGT numerous times, all I got was suspended from completing them ……

Does anyone else have a similar problem ?? Be interested to hear !

Thanks for listening 

• EzriMae
    8 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2022 3:45 PM

Nico, thank you for keeping us informed.  I know it must be very frustrating for you as it is for us. 

WGTNico:

1./2. No idea, I'm just the messenger and am not directly apart of the conversations with unity

3. They do not seem to have a workaround about the issue yet which is why we have been given no ETA yet.

Our release/update happened at the beginning of the month, so 20 days ago so it doesn't correlate with anything that we did and Unity has even said it's on there end and not something on our end.

MioKontic:

1)  How long has this problem been in existence?
    2)  Did Unity release an update recently?
    3)  If it's a known problem, surely they have a workaround or a patch?

I find it rather a coincidence that this problem manifested itself following a WGT release, therefore pointing towards another WGT bug rather than anything to do with Unity.  And if it is indeed a known Unity problem, why did it just start happening last week, as i said, following a WGT update?

• bradner604
    1,711 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2022 4:25 PM

The sheer number of credits being bled off the users each day could be in the 10,000's of thousands because of this "glitch".

It will only positively impact WGT's bottom line because many of those "free" credits will now have to be purchased.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 12:37 AM

WGTNico:
    Our release/update happened at the beginning of the month, so 20 days ago so it doesn't correlate with anything that we did and Unity has even said it's on there end and not something on our end.

Sorry Nico, but you posted about downtime at 10pm PST on 12th September, which for us in the UK is 6am 13th September; that's not 20 days prior to this problem first happening!  Further, we don't all get the update at the same time, it's staggered - I'm guessing it's to not overload your servers.  I don't use a phone for the videos, I use android emulators on my laptop, and WGT updated on two of those emulators immediately prior to this problem occuring for the first time on 16th September.  And for a 'known Unity problem', for all of us to hit it at exactly the same time when it was a 'known problem' is just far too coincidental.

And why not carry on kicking someone when they're down - rather than allowing people to get the few credits that are available through videos (yes, you will get complaints, but handle them, let people know it's a known problem), you disable them completely!  So, all we can get now is 20 credits per week if we manage to complete all goals.  Of course, your elite restarters like PrimerLance will carry on making enough credits by winning the monthly premium tournaments at a tier well below his playing abilities, and most likley breaking the "can't win credits until you reach your previous tier" rule.

And finally, what are these PC videos a few are on about?  It seems no one outside the USA gets these - why not?  Do your marketing team not work with advertising companies outside of the USA?

• mingos01
    3,400 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 1:38 AM

MioKontic:

immediately prior to this problem occuring for the first time on 16th September.  And for a 'known Unity problem', for all of us to hit it at exactly the same time when it was a 'known problem' is just far too coincidental.

My problem to get credits watching videos, began on Sunday September 18, until that date everything was ok for me!
    Luis
  • sesky
    3,312 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 2:37 AM

WGTNico:

we're currently looking into what's causing the issue. Sorry everyone for the lack of credits on videos for the time being 

Nico, since the fix for video credits may take a while, why doesn't someone contact Peanut Labs and have them reinstate everyone who has been banned from doing surveys. At least it would be a means of obtaining free credits for the time being. 

I know I'll get the standard we don't get involved in third party disputes as I've been told in the past. They give you a boiler plate listing of the potential crimes but when you press them for specifics, they never respond. If WGT wishes to have a third party vendor on your site basically abuse your customers, well I guess that's WGT's prerogative but just seems like bad business to me. Seems to me that if WGT wants to offer surveys for credits, there are probably much better vendors that can be had

• dad19733
    164 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 2:59 AM

@MioKontic 

Try the surveys, I've gotten roughly 600 credits since the video issue surfaced. They don't take nearly as long, and the pay off can be really good 

MioKontic:

WGTNico:

Sorry Nico, but you posted about downtime at 10pm PST on 12th September, which for us in the UK is 6am 13th September; that's not 20 days prior to this problem first happening!  Further, we don't all get the update at the same time, it's staggered - I'm guessing it's to not overload your servers.  I don't use a phone for the videos, I use android emulators on my laptop, and WGT updated on two of those emulators immediately prior to this problem occuring for the first time on 16th September.  And for a 'known Unity problem', for all of us to hit it at exactly the same time when it was a 'known problem' is just far too coincidental.

And why not carry kicking someone when they're down - rather than allowing people to get the few credits that are available through videos (yes, you will get complaints, but handle them, let people know it's a known problem), you disable them completely!  So, all we can get now is 20 credits per week if we manage to complete all goals.  Of course, your elite restarters like PrimerLance will carry making enough credits by winning the monthly premium tournaments at a tier well below his playing abilities, and mot likley breaking the "can't win credits until you reach your previous tier" rule.

And finally, what are these PC videos a few are on about?  It seems no one outside the USA gets these - why not?  Do your marketing team not work with advertising companies outside of the USA?

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 3:21 AM

dad19733:
    Try the surveys

I've been here nearly 12 years, you think I don't know about surveys?  Maybe there's good reason why I don't do them?!?

RSS