Forums

Help › Forums

Goals & Achievements - Live on all platforms

Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:13 PM (258 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,535 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 6:58 PM

The popup during play that says an achievement has been reached is annoying.  Can’t this get summarized at the end of the match like we used to get with awards?  

4,145 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 4:12 AM

pmm711:

The popup during play that says an achievement has been reached is annoying.  Can’t this get summarized at the end of the match like we used to get with awards?  

Agreed.  I checked the settings to see if this feature can be turned off, but it appears there is no way to opt out.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 6:00 AM

Holed a shot and before it went into the cup it had already popped up the award! LOL!

Also one got in the way during an ALT and couldn’t see the wind.

Either a small bubble or somewhere to turn it off is needed. Reminds me of the chat notification.

• BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 6:04 AM

A GOALS glitch that I have not seen mentioned...

My goals have changed multiple times each of the past two days. I did not take screen shots, but I will try to get screen shots if this happens again.

Both days after receiving my rewards for the day's goals, I could see more possible rewards by clicking on "See All Rewards". Later in the day, but before the start of the new day, It would show the next reward at a lower level I had already reached, and it showed me as having received that reward even though I didn't. The next day, the same thing happened. 

Perhaps this has something to do with it being a partial week? Or perhaps it has something to do with opening the game in on my PC, and later in the day opening it on an Android device? Anyway, I will watch closer and see if this happens again next week. Is anyone else noticing this? 

Brett

• PatIsTheRat
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 6:33 AM

Looks like the achievement went directly down the drain for me...when time to collect all...you lose them all...

• Igor3472
    135 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 7:50 AM

I have all the bugs you mention and yours too Brett.
    I only play on PC if that helps.
    Cordially
    Igor

• pmm711
    5,535 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 11:42 AM

BPeterson8256:
    My goals have changed multiple times each of the past two days.

I think the week ended on Friday for the goals and then you got an entire new set for the next week...some repeating and some entirely new ones.  We'll figure it all out as time goes on...unless they help us out and put this all in the background somewhere...where it truly all belongs.

To me the entire goals & achievements thing has turned what was once a great RL golf simulation game into a childish golf app.  There's no doubt TopGolf is aiming at an entirely different target audience from the one WGT was targeting when they created the game.  Anymore I feel like I'm logging into CandyCrush or one of the other apps that have these goals with very little gain involved...like fun for the feebleminded.  To me it's very sad to see the direction the game has/is headed.  But they're trying to appeal to the masses vs. just us people who love the game of golf.  At least the other "childish" games seem to keep their goals and achievements hidden away.  Why TopGolf is throwing them right in our face is beyond me.  

Plus, look at all the wasted dev time that now goes towards addressing new glitches all this childish mumbo jumbo has created.  If they merely focused on addressing the issues that we all know are in the game, instead of on these dumbass add-ons, we'd have reason to celebrate and feel elated.

• bossbird
    2,196 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 12:28 PM

I agree it would be better to not have the pop up whilst we are playing , just a summary at the end. If this were dealt with I think it would still feel like a round of golf rather than candy crush , ( not that I have ever played candy crush ) sadly I have seen lots of adverts for it whilst collecting free credits on here ! 

when these goals and achievements just came out I was swept along with looking at what I needed to do to get them all completed . I guess that was the aim. However , what’s the point , it’s just for a few more xps and coins, not many rewards give cc passes or credits. I dont think I will alter the way i play this game  .

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 12:41 PM

pmm711:
    I think the week ended on Friday for the goals and then you got an entire new set for the next week...some repeating and some entirely new ones. 

According to my screen, the Weekly Rewards end at midnight UTC on Saturday.

pmm711:
    To me the entire goals & achievements thing has turned what was once a great RL golf simulation game into a childish golf app.  There's no doubt TopGolf is aiming at an entirely different target audience from the one WGT was targeting when they created the game.  Anymore I feel like I'm logging into CandyCrush or one of the other apps that have these goals with very little gain involved...like fun for the feebleminded.

I think WGT's main goal with the G&A is to get players to consider playing other types of games within the WGT universe that they don't normally play.  Kind of a broadening of players' horizons.  However, if you want to just continue playing the types of games you have been, you can do that.  There's nothing preventing you from doing so.

I consider the rewards to be an improvement.  Now we get some free stuff for just playing the game 😁

• callaghan159
    6,232 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 12:43 PM

8802:

pmm711:

Agreed.  I checked the settings to see if this feature can be turned off, but it appears there is no way to opt out.

Only on the screen for a couple of seconds....whats the big deal

RSS