Help › Forums

Tap-In Rewards July 2022

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 25 2023 3:09 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 6:35 AM

Thank you WGT!!! Fantastic rewards package!

For anyone interested in the specs on the FREE Clayton & Mills Hickory Iron set...

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 8:23 AM

Thanks for posting the specs.  If clubs worked as apparel I might see the appeal.  You know, where you could have clubs that have the attributes of another.  But since there are clubs with better attributes, what's the point of these "nostalgic virtual mementos"?

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 8:42 AM

pmm711:

what's the point of these "nostalgic virtual mementos"?

I think that's the point. 🤣

I use them occasionally just for shizz & giggles. They are also a quality club for players at lower levels. And sometimes it just fun to change things up a little.

I just played a 10 credit RG using a hickory driver, hickory 3w, and the hickory irons. It was interesting to be playing from different spots on the course with clubs that play differently than my normal clubs. I also used the firework balls that were part of the rewards. I have always thought they were a good ball that is fun to play.

Hopefully in the future we will see a Hickory Putter, and Hickory Wedges

Cheers

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 8:51 AM

I can't remember if I missed any of the items - I have skipped some tap in rewards - but I do like the idea of an old classic set - it would also be great to see WGT use them in a SOTW type RG or tournament - of course those who already have them will be more familiar with how they play - but it would still be a nice throwback to all the talk about how people played the game with clubs that were not as great and you had to use more shot making or course management to work your way around some courses.  Yet the new higher end balls may make even these clubs play better than usual.

Using the hickory clubs in a throwback event on St Andrews in honor of Old Tom Morris and his son Tommy - might be a classic event they could have held for the current etour on St Andrews - now that would have been a classic throwback for the 150th Open and made it more interesting!

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 8:52 AM

I still regularly use the hickory 3w. The clubs are really fun and they sound great too

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 9:40 AM

BPeterson8256:

pmm711:

what's the point of these "nostalgic virtual mementos"?

I think that's the point. 🤣

I use them occasionally just for shizz & giggles. They are also a quality club for players at lower levels. And sometimes it just fun to change things up a little.

I just played a 10 credit RG using a hickory driver, hickory 3w, and the hickory irons. It was interesting to be playing from different spots on the course with clubs that play differently than my normal clubs. I also used the firework balls that were part of the rewards. I have always thought they were a good ball that is fun to play.

Hopefully in the future we will see a Hickory Putter, and Hickory Wedges

Cheers

LOL...I hear you.  All I can say is this, "I've never once thought of taking my old persimmon woods with me to the club to play for old times sake".  I've moved on...absolutely no need for nostalgia on my end.  Give me a big metal wood or give me death.  A "metal wood"...even that sounds so strange...what will they think of next?

• ShalomAloha
    852 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 3:18 PM

Would be nice if we could gift them to newer players as an upgrade for starters. Would rather get some more High end balls for the tap in rewards

if you purchase a bunch throw in 3-4 extra sleeves if you max out the tap in. Also would like it if the XP bonus you can choose when to activate it. Same with anytime you win one as a prize. Still love WGT and grateful for what the programmers and Customer service do

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 5:53 PM

maxed out hickory irons with apparel -- distances will vary with ball of choice but using one of the promo balls from the tap in rewards looks pretty good

- the hickory irons tend to have a more "thud or wooden" like sound effect whereas the 3wd and driver still sound like modern metal ping sounds.  either way - apparel does enhance these irons to be similar to a blend of L85 and L97 irons - where they may release like L85 irons but play to distances similar to L97 irons.  on a relatively brief experiment.

iron - default sponsor boosted distance before any adjustments for ball use.

PW - 110
    9i-P - 120
    9i - 134
    8i - 150
    7i - 166
    6i - 182
    5i - 198
    4i - 214
    3i - 230
  • rawits
    56 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 7:35 PM

More WGT "Snake POil" !!!!  Why not fix the Alt Shot Invite System?????

• PAGES
RSS