on an android phone

Go into settings

Go into privacy

Go into advanced

Scroll down to Ads,hit

Then hit advertising ID

Hit reset advertising ID

close all back down and go back to vids

I don't have Privacy within Settings on either my tablet or phone.  And I can't see any Advertising ID either.

Bun3107:

I use Bluestack and in Bluestack you would go to Setting - under Personal (Google) - Ads - Reset Advertising ID.

I reset on my Phone though but the video from the phone and Bluestack started running again for that 75 videos straight without any problems after 5-6 days of continuous interruptions.

I don't have Personal under Settings on Bluestacks (version 5), nor anything to do with Advertising ID.  And similarly on NoxPlayer and LDPlayer - nothing that resembles any of that.

And still no videos today either  :(

• Bun3107
    998 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 5:59 PM

MioKontic:

I don't have Personal under Settings on Bluestacks (version 5), nor anything to do with Advertising ID.  And similarly on NoxPlayer and LDPlayer - nothing that resembles any of that.

And still no videos today either  :(

This is my Settings for Bluestacks (4.2)

PS: Your BlueStacks probably running a different Android OS so in Settings just look for Google and Reseting Ads ID should be in there.

• ASD1978
    475 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 1:45 AM

I've been in touch with WGT about this and they've said they're looking into it. Fingers crossed.

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 2:28 PM

Thanks Bun, that's the Android Settings rather than Bluestacks settings.  Found it now, reset the advertising ID... made no difference  :(

ASD1978:

I've been in touch with WGT about this and they've said they're looking into it. Fingers crossed.

It seems it's only a UK problem, US players are all ok!  Nothing less than I've come to expect from WGT over the years, always looking after their own and sod the rest!  Even their videos are often less than 10 seconds long, whereas ours are 30 seconds, and lately they're even more because of the way the videos are done now!

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 3:08 PM

MioKontic:
    It seems it's only a UK problem, US players are all ok!

Mio, this may have been answered before (perhaps in another thread), but have you tried using a VPN to use an IP address here in the US to watch the videos?

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 4:24 PM

MioKontic:

It seems it's only a UK problem, US players are all ok!  Nothing less than I've come to expect from WGT over the years, always looking after their own and sod the rest!  Even their videos are often less than 10 seconds long, whereas ours are 30 seconds, and lately they're even more because of the way the videos are done now!

Are you getting your info from FOX news? 

• ASD1978
    475 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 11:32 PM

Interesting idea - will give that a go.

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2022 11:09 AM

SamSpayed:

MioKontic:
    It seems it's only a UK problem, US players are all ok!

Mio, this may have been answered before (perhaps in another thread), but have you tried using a VPN to use an IP address here in the US to watch the videos?

Never tried a VPN, and to be honest I don't want to - pretending to be from another country may even be against WGT rules, and if Icon was still around he'd ban me for using one (believe me, he'd find a reason no matter how unscrupulous the reason was!).  However, I've just reinstalled Bluestacks and the videos are working on it at the moment, although it's only a single instance.  I might try adding another instance and see if I can run them concurrently.  If I can then I'll try my other android emulators too.

EDIT:  I spoke a bit too soon - I managed to watch 3 videos before I got the "No more videos" message.

• bossbird
    2,196 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2022 3:28 AM

I don’t know about using a PC for videos. I use an old mini iPad and a new iPad. I can reset the advertising identifier on the old mini , in privacy , in settings, and it then allows me to watch more videos. On the newer iPad there is no option to reset it, so if that device gives me a lot of trouble I just delete app , shut down iPad , reload app , and aga8n I am away with watching videos. This won’t help you Miokontic if you don’t have iPads , but it may help others.

RSS