Forums

Help › Forums

What are the worst bugs

Tue, Nov 28 2023 11:01 AM (111 replies)
  • WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 3:51 PM

Hey everyone (I feel like I need a better intro than this),

While I have a list of bugs written down since I've started here, but I think it's a good idea to get one thread going of everyone's least favorite bugs. Feel free to give multiple, list them out, categorize them, or however you feel is best to bring them up to me.

You can post here in this thread, or feel free to message them to me as well if you would prefer.

Let's have an open discussion on the bugs that exist in this game that we all care for.

Also if anyone ever sees me playing WGT feel free to send me an invite, if I'm free I will accept and am down to get some games in. 

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 4:33 PM

That is some great initiative you are showing Nico, and long overdue, (not by you personally), well done!

Just a couple that immediately come to mind without giving it any thought yet"

Missing cameras on every hole of Kiawah, whether on Kiawah itself or on a Kiawah hole that is in a Best Of course. Also cameras missing on other random holes and courses, notably the fairway back to tee cam on Andy 17th, cam 4, sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Invite and Availability is woefully inadequate compared to the old. You are either green or not on. Old way had on but playing, on and ready for a game, etc.

It would also be great if there were a way to see an invite come in while waiting to play. As is, you just stare at the game screen, don't turn away for a minute or you might miss an invite. You ought to be able to drop the game format window down to your task bar and go peruse the forums or something while waiting for a game invite. Have the game icon on the task bar flash red or something like that, when an invite comes in. Kind of like Skype does when you have it dropped to your task bar and get a message.

I dunno, just a couple of thoughts. There are many others soon to come from everyone, I'm sure!

Also, while playing a back 9 round with someone, how hard can it be to have the scorecard read Hole 10, Hole 11, Hole 12 etc. instead of it currently reading Hole 1, Hole 2, Hole 3, etc. ?

Thanks again for showing some initiative!

• beerstine
    656 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 4:37 PM

The showdown bug when a player quits a round during showdown, freezes the game, assigns the still participating opponent 3 bogeys, and doesn't let them finish the round on their own.  When you're playing for prizes, anything that impacts that is infuriating.  

Alternate annoying bug...when the pointer for certain non-Callaway drivers default to 240 yards instead of the club's rated distance.

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 4:39 PM

I know it does still exist, but the most recent showdown had the fewest reports of that classic showdown bug we've personally ever seen. I know the team worked pretty hard on trying to fix that one as best as possible

beerstine:

The showdown bug when a player quits a round during showdown, freezes the game, assigns the still participating opponent 3 bogeys, and doesn't let them finish the round on their own.  When you're playing for prizes, anything that impacts that is infuriating.  

Alternate annoying bug...when the pointer for certain non-Callaway drivers default to 240 yards instead of the club's rated distance.

• EdwardTLogan
    504 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 9:17 PM

I wouldn't call this a bug but in WGT Clash events, having the ability for the Club owner to limit who can press the "Challenge another Country Club" button would be a great initiative. It should be a simple code change to make, and would operate similarly to how a club owner can limit who has access to super passes during a clash. 

That's my two cents worth anyway.

Best of luck for your future endeavours.

Cheers,

Ed

• Gepetto1958
    4,204 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 9:44 PM

twinponds169:
    Invite and Availability is woefully inadequate compared to the old. You are either green or not on. Old way had on but playing, on and ready for a game, etc.

THIS!

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 1:09 AM

Gepetto1958:

twinponds169:

THIS!

THIS x3!

Well Nico, the list will be big, but before start listing those bugs, can you respond to some simple questions?

From a technical point of you, which things CAN or CAN'T be done on the new platform compared to flash?

Can we get the multiple cameras back instead watching opponent's behind or admire a fescue view while our opponent is taking his shot?

Do we really need to watch a half of screen size ''watching opponent'' or ''watching teammate''?

The transparent chat box (which was so nice on flash) can't be implemented on the new platform instead of hitting a million times the chat box to open and close?

Is it so hard to make the wind indicator just a little bit bigger (the space is there)?

Putting:

Most people are using the back cameras to play their putts. How difficult it is to get rid of the billboard sign which blocks the path of the ball and the dot view? Why can't you put it up, like you did for the front camera?

Is it so difficult to add a custom response to those who invite you while you are engaged to another game or an RG or whatever instead of this rude ''in a game'', ''no thanks'' etc?

The censor thing on the chats, does not work and creates more problems than it solves!!! Since there's already an option to close down chat for all those who feel offended, there's no option to teach to this stupid AI that the phrase ''can you do this one more time'' is not offensive in any way to receive *****. Furthermore....in the past, when someone in the chat was abusive, offensive etc, we could hit a printscreen and send the image to WGT in order to discipline this person....now, what we gonna send? A copy of Star Wars?

Is it so hard to add 15'' (no more) at the end of each mp/alt game in order to give a chance to the players to exchange a ''nice game pal'', ''thank you for playing folks''?

Gameplay bugs:

Uneven lie spots...there are so many of them. It's extremely frustrated, destroy your mood, your efforts and eventually your round.

Dot mapping. I understand that is a hard task, but Merion is just a joke!!! If anything else, try to remap the greens only for this course. It's a shame such a beautiful and difficult course being a joke inside the greens.

Thank you for reading.  

EDIT:

Ball's distance from the flag on the small map? (was so useful)

Enable and disable shot/putter pal at will with a small button as on flash?

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 1:49 AM

This one is more of a personal nuisance. I have a 64 degree Vokey wedge (rated 60 yards), a 60 degree PM Grind ( rated 75 yards) and a 56 degree PM Grind ( rated 100 yards). No matter what order I set these up in my caddy by default it gives me the 75 for the shortest of wedge shots (ie less than 60 yards). I always have to change the club. Perhaps I'm overlooking a setup option. Wish I knew what it was, if such a setup is possible. Would like to have it default to the 64 degree wedge for short yardage shots. 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 2:11 AM

Some good points mentioned here but I would like to be able to move the "TopTracer" icon and have it remain there. At current we have to move it every shot.      Cheers

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 2:48 AM

A big peeve for me is the text "Excellent Shot" appearing after a ding. First, it's not relevant because a dinged shot isn't necessarily a good one. Second, it covers up the shot, especially a putt. Hard to learn from your mistake if you can't see what happened. There isn't a valid reason to have it. If it can be removed, that would be appreciated.

RSS