Forums

Help › Forums

HOPERMAN TO THE RESCUE

Thu, Apr 18 2024 8:52 AM (311 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 12:55 PM

pmm711:

Merely an observation...things that make you go "hmmmmmmmm"...

An anagram of HamdenPro is...

D' Hoperman

as in "The Hoperman"

I think you're onto something, Paul.  Has anyone ever seen the two of them together, at the same time? 🤔

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 12:59 PM

MioKontic:

• does Hoperman need to get himself a lawyer?
    • do I need to get myself a lawyer?
    • do WGT need to get themselves a lawyer?

I'd go with a paralegal instead.  They are typically smarter than the lawyers anyway, from what I've been told.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 1:22 PM

MioKontic:

• do I sue Hoperman for advice that potentially causes damage to my laptop?
  • do I sue WGT for losing me a ball when it wasn't my fault?
  • can I sue Hoperman against WGT (and I get the end-prize)?
  • do I need to get myself a new mouse?  And if so, wired or wireless?  (Think carefully before you answer!).
  • My oh my, so many questions.

In no certain order:

No, Hoperman has no need for a lawyer. If Hoperman feels threatened in any way, he will delete you and reload an improved nicer, gentler, version of you. This also answers your inquiry as to whether you can sue Hoperman. Besides the reason(s) set forth below, the real question is do you really want to, based upon the preceding statement? FEELING LUCKY ...? Go ahead, make our day.

No, you cannot sue WGT for lost balls, regardless of fault (which, believe me, is totally your fault - which is proven in a future issue of "THE INCREDIBLE HOPERMAN"), and no, WGT does need to retain legal counsel, at this time. Please note, the WGT Terms of Service, which you have implicitly agreed to abide by, provides, to wit:

NEITHER WGT NOR ANY OF ITS PARTNERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY FORM OF DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE APPLICATION, ..... HOWEVER ARISING, WHETHER FOR BREACH OR IN TORT, EVEN IF WGT WAS INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES

This would apply to Hoperman as well as Horrible Comics Group, its agents, employees, representatives, subsidiaries and all other affiliates, including, without limitation, ME, as the TOS further provides, in relevant part:

You hereby agree to waive any claims against WGT and its affiliates, contractors, agents and employees for losses, damages and injuries for which are based on or relate to communications or materials made available to the Site and/or the Application or posted on the Site and/or the Application by persons other than WGT. 

Do you need to get yourself a lawyer? Probably...

It appears that your questions about litigation can, and will be, perceived as a threat, and as such, you are in violation of the TOS which provide that you shall not:

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Flame-bait, engage in flame wars, or otherwise attempt to provoke a reaction.

Your post can be, and will be, interpreted as a threat as well as "flame baiting" in an attempt to provoke a reaction, which it clearly has.

Finally, should you get a new mouse and, if so, wired or wireless? As I am assuming you do not wish to follow the sound advice of The Incredible Hoperman, I would suggest utilizing a laptop with a touch pad.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 1:24 PM

SamSpayed:
    I'd go with a paralegal instead.  They are typically smarter than the lawyers anyway, from what I've been told.

Especially when the "para-legal" actually has a Juris Doctorate but chooses to free-lance her own way.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 2:21 PM

SamSpayed:

MioKontic:

Is that like one with a parachute on his back, so that he can make a quick getaway from an unmanned aeroplane at 30,000 ft?

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 2:25 PM

HamdenPro:

MioKontic:

• do I sue Hoperman for advice that potentially causes damage to my laptop?
  • do I sue WGT for losing me a ball when it wasn't my fault?
  • can I sue Hoperman against WGT (and I get the end-prize)?
  • do I need to get myself a new mouse?  And if so, wired or wireless?  (Think carefully before you answer!).
  • My oh my, so many questions.

In no certain order:

No, Hoperman has no need for a lawyer. If Hoperman feels threatened in any way, he will delete you and reload an improved nicer, gentler, version of you. This also answers your inquiry as to whether you can sue Hoperman. Besides the reason(s) set forth below, the real question is do you really want to, based upon the preceding statement? FEELING LUCKY ...? Go ahead, make our day.

No, you cannot sue WGT for lost balls, regardless of fault (which, believe me, is totally your fault - which is proven in a future issue of "THE INCREDIBLE HOPERMAN"), and no, WGT does need to retain legal counsel, at this time. Please note, the WGT Terms of Service, which you have implicitly agreed to abide by, provides, to wit:

NEITHER WGT NOR ANY OF ITS PARTNERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY FORM OF DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE APPLICATION, ..... HOWEVER ARISING, WHETHER FOR BREACH OR IN TORT, EVEN IF WGT WAS INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES

This would apply to Hoperman as well as Horrible Comics Group, its agents, employees, representatives, subsidiaries and all other affiliates, including, without limitation, ME, as the TOS further provides, in relevant part:

You hereby agree to waive any claims against WGT and its affiliates, contractors, agents and employees for losses, damages and injuries for which are based on or relate to communications or materials made available to the Site and/or the Application or posted on the Site and/or the Application by persons other than WGT. 

Do you need to get yourself a lawyer? Probably...

It appears that your questions about litigation can, and will be, perceived as a threat, and as such, you are in violation of the TOS which provide that you shall not:

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Flame-bait, engage in flame wars, or otherwise attempt to provoke a reaction.

Your post can be, and will be, interpreted as a threat as well as "flame baiting" in an attempt to provoke a reaction, which it clearly has.

Finally, should you get a new mouse and, if so, wired or wireless? As I am assuming you do not wish to follow the sound advice of The Incredible Hoperman, I would suggest utilizing a laptop with a touch pad.

Damn smallprint!  It's always in the smallprint!

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 3:01 PM

MioKontic:
    Is that like one with a parachute on his back, so that he can make a quick getaway from an unmanned aeroplane at 30,000 ft?

I think you are confusing para-legal with para-beagle

• Cicero733
    2,298 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 5:59 PM

Scott - In many cases you have no idea how totally accurate you are. 

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2022 12:50 PM

:)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2022 4:26 PM

HamdenPro:

Serious inquiries may contact the HCG editorial staff or call 1-777-GET-HOPE.

Dear editors or jr mods .

I would like to place a add in the next issue ,  reward for leads to signs looking to be found on #8 and # 9 on the bay of chambers .

OPY

EDIT :  I called the number and the automated voice said that the reps were busy and my call mattered to please hold .  the tune playing  during said hold time from the funkadeliks I think' called maggot brain was a nice touch ,   It gave me time to open a beer and " twist " the other one , at this point I hung up !   I called the number back hopeing  ( pun )  to restart said tune and enjoy it after the fact .

RSS