Forums

Help › Forums

Multi Accounts for Showdowns & such

Fri, Jan 21 2022 3:58 PM (37 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 10:53 PM

I was looking at the leaderboard in my showdown bracket. Although there is 10 hours left to play in round 1, only one player, out of 100 has not started. The other 99 have already completed at least 6 with the exception of 3 that have only played 3 but are already 3 over.

I found it curious that the leader, at -9 was an Amateur.  Upon closer examination, this amateur just joined WGT in Dec, 2021 and has no history, average is 150. No stats, nada...He also has very nice clubs. He loaded up on the LvL 0 ones.

This amateur is in a club, The owner of the club, having 4 members has the same name as the amateur, the only difference is the amateur has the number 2 after the name. The owner is a Legend.

According to the Player look up, there are 25 with the same name, with different numbers after it, all hack and amateurs. This is a unique name so I do believe it is the same person who is creating accounts to play tournaments and showdowns.

Is this common? Does not WGT see this and investigate.

I am no expert, although some have referred to me as Nancy Drew (OK, not some, but 1 has), but this seems very obvious to me. In fact, an Amateur, who just joined who is already at -9 in the first round of a showdown, kinda jumps out at ya... No?

I will not call him out by name but WGT should be monitoring leader boards. Something like this is hard to miss and is extremely unfair.  If this is the way it is, why bother playing anything that cost credits.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this before? If so, did you report them?

I am curious as to just how prevalent this is.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 12:20 AM

I have reported players exactly like this in the past , unfortunately WGT haven’t done anything , but I believe other players have had better results , I think you must and we all must still report when it is so blatant.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 3:50 AM

HamdenPro:

I was looking at the leaderboard in my showdown bracket

I am curious as to just how prevalent this is.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you are starting to see the grand scheme of things.  If and when WGT ever decides to finally go to Steam only and lets Steam run their cheat software, then this will stop, but until then, they let them play their games.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 5:26 AM

Regardless of anticipated outcome, this should be brought to WGT’s attention. I would also include your “due diligence” research as it strongly supports your questioning of this situation.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 1:08 PM

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE CAT IN THE HAT

I know you are monitoring this thread ....

I know this from a link.....

So, I have a question.

What if the leader of the Showdown is on your list of known, or suspected, bots? (Not that this is the case in my observation stated above, but I am curious).

It would be in WGT's best financial interest if the winners of Showdowns are bots and have been all this time.  Maybe this is why there is not a crackdown.

Further, I was also wondering whether the author of the Last Word could be a bot. It now makes purrrrrfect sense.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 6:25 PM

Cheaters gonna cheat...

nuf sed

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 12:30 PM

bossbird:
    I have reported players exactly like this in the past , unfortunately WGT haven’t done anything

I reported the player to members@wgt. I requested that they look at his profile, his club and the many other alias's I had identified. 

I sent the email this past Friday. I received the standard reply that it would be looked into and that WGT could not provide the results of any findings or actions.

As of today, the member's profile is no longer searchable by name.

So, the offending member has been suspended.  

Great Job WGT. It is such members that cheapen the game and the experience, as well as the competitive spirit of Tournaments and Showdowns.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 12:33 PM

Good news , I think WGT are taking things more seriously these days , someone I reported for multi account also has disappeared, 

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 12:52 PM

bossbird:
    someone I reported for multi account also has disappeared, 

Do you think it was WGT or...

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 1:09 PM

HP

Isn’t that Georgia Tsouklos sitting at the helm of that unexplained aerial phenomenon? I don’t believe Admiral Kirk could squeeze into something that small….

RSS