Forums

Help › Forums

Wedge distance

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 1 2022 10:53 AM (34 replies)
  • Cicero733
    2,298 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 1:59 PM

Well, I’ll bite. How do I read this table and secondly, how do I apply its values? I’ve never encountered this before.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 2:11 PM

Cicero733:
    Well, I’ll bite. How do I read this table

LMAO - I was waiting for someone else to ask. I didn't want to be THAT ONE...

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 3:11 PM

HamdenPro:

If an avocado works for you,

then do be sure that you grow two.

A pear of Avocado's you say ! 

That should work just fine.

As long as they've not been neutered that is!  lol

• Cicero733
    2,298 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 3:22 PM

HP - You have to understand. I’m not an engineer nor physicist so I have to ask questions. It all stems from my senior high school physics class. Day 2 of the class the teacher posed the question “why is it that from the surface of the moon you can see the earth as a complete globe, but not from 100 miles up?” I unfortunately forgot the lesson from day 1 that from that point henceforth we would answer questions in physics speak only and answered that the greater distance offered a greater opportunity for a more panoramic view. Class got deathly quiet, teacher unceremoniously snapped his blackboard pointer, and I and my slide rule were called up to the front of the class where I was promptly beaten about the head and shoulders with the teacher’s oversized demonstration slide rule for not using physics speak. While taking this beating another student answered the question correctly and I knew it had to be right because it had a lot of x +’s, x -‘s, y’s, tangents, secants, coefficients, and other stuff in it. I was then sent to the guidance office and reassigned to another class. From that day forward anytime I am presented with a grouping of numbers whose utility I am not 100% sure of I ask lest I receive yet another severe beating with whatever diabolical instrument has replaced the once ubiquitous slip stick.

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 4:15 PM

Cicero733:
    From that day forward anytime I am presented with a grouping of numbers whose utility I am not 100% sure of I ask lest I receive yet another severe beating with whatever diabolical instrument has replaced the once ubiquitous slip stick.

Now we just use sarcasm and memes.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 4:24 PM

Cicero733:
    HP - You have to understand

I was not making fun, or being sarcastic, I was truthful when I said I was waiting for someone else to ask.  I can make no sense of the table.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 4:29 PM

SamSpayed:
    Now we just use sarcasm and memes.

• Cicero733
    2,298 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 4:51 PM

I was not making fun, or being sarcastic, I was truthful when I said I was waiting for someone else to ask.  I can make no sense of the table.

Can’t say that I see any sarcasm in your reply. Makes sense to me. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,521 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 5:24 PM

Alright, I'm not the one who made the chart so I might be wrong but here's what I understand and how I take it.

We all know that the swing meter (except for putters') is not linear. Take a look at the chart, 100 yards for instance, when you apply 100% of power, it goes 100 yards, not a rocket science, good and simple enough. The chart tells you, however, If you wanna hit it 85 yards, you gotta apply approx. 87.5% of power, not 85%. In other words, if you hit it 85%, it doesn't fly 85 yards but only 81.7 as if you applied only 81.7% of power so you gotta adjust the power % accordingly using the chart.

The author was diligent enough to make it distance by distance from 50 yards to 250, and kind enough to share it with the rest of us. Chapeau!

Anyone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Cicero733
    2,298 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 6:22 PM

Thanks. That’s what I kinda thought it might mean. The part that confuses me, and I would like to use your 100 yd example if you don’t mind. What club is being used to hit 100 yds? Or is the chart saying regardless of what club you use to hit 100,, the following percentages apply? For me the percent power is spot on for my Callie 60° wedge. If I want to go 85 yds I need to use 87% power. But, I’m not certain about other distances. I guess I need to experiment some with the other values. Thanks again.

RSS