Forums

Help › Forums

Fair Play GC Closing - We're Looking for a New Club to Join

Wed, Dec 8 2021 12:38 PM (20 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 4:35 AM

Because of work commitments next year, I won't have the time needed to run the FPGC the way I've been doing for a number of years.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be looking for another well run club to join.  

There's currently 25 members at the FPGC and most if not all are willing to sign up to the new club that I recommend.

*Ideally I'd prefer a club with no more than 30 members (all high tier if possible).

*Has lots of participation with fee and free tournaments.

*Will have me as a director and allow me to run the Calendar Tournaments competition I've enjoyed at the FPGC.  More info about this on request.

Cheers, Dubfore.

• donarsky61
    287 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 5:51 AM

Hi , Come check us out at Kasia's Korner we are a small new club of 29 players from tour pro to tour champions we play many games together, we have match play and alt shot tournaments and even CC vs CC events, Come give us a look

• kasia1967
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 6:02 AM

Hi im kas or MA"AM  as my club members call me  im the owner of kasias korner which as only been open a few months already at level 7 approaching 8 ..At present there are 29 members in my family . i run a alt shot league within club members and friends which had 12 pairings were currently at week 9 out of 11 and as been a great success ..freddie  aka Allqvie as been running a series of match play events also successful....my aim is to try get all members active ..by way of using discord but i dont force them to use but most do as its easier to chat and arrange games.. Clash is optional some enjoy it others dont !!!....we are active and played in cc vs cc games ..All i ask is use daily pass for xp for the club.

love to hear more about you and would gladly like to chat more .

kas (MA"AM) OWNER KASIAS KORNER

And also we have new idea game formats coming soon ..

if its something that your interested all want hear more please get in touch

regards  kas

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 9:13 AM

Dubfore:
    *Ideally I'd prefer a club with no more than 30 members (all high tier if possible
    You have 25 and want a club that is only 30?

If you change your mind on that requirement, let me know.  We’re happy to oblige the smaller clubs and tired owners by giving them more activity.

Calendar tournament and Directorship can be arranged.

AKD 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 12:33 PM

Based on your check list of wants for a new CC, it seems that what you're really looking for is a CC that is exactly like your CURRENT CC,just not owned by you.

Seeing as you still want to be in charge wouldn't it just be easier to transfer ownership to one of the other members of your current CC?? and then you can have everything in your list.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 1:34 PM

MarchieB:
    Seeing as you still want to be in charge wouldn't it just be easier to transfer ownership to one of the other members of your current CC?? and then you can have everything in your list.

That was my thought, too.  Dubfore, you have a very nice club.  A Level 18 club that's been around almost 8 years, along with many long-time members.  It would be a real shame to see you close.  

If nobody in Fair Play GC is willing to take over, perhaps you could just try to find someone outside the club to take ownership, and make you a Director?  Just a thought.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 2:42 PM

Just curious here,  because of work commitments you won't have the time, but yet you will still have the time to run all the tournaments as before ????????   You have no directors in your club,  wouldn't it be smarter to promote a few members to help out in your absence, rather than fold your club ?  Just a few thoughts here. 

• Chilts
    78 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 3:02 PM

Strictly off topic... Lucky glad to see you posting, take care friend.

• Chilts
    78 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 3:05 PM

Hi Lucky, strictly off topic but great to see you posting, take care friend, all the best.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 3:45 PM

Ty, much appreciated 

RSS