Forums

Help › Forums

REALLY TIRED OF THIS SAME BS!! 😡😡

Mon, Sep 27 2021 4:32 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2021 2:46 PM

Same SHOWDOWN BS!!! Guy forfeits on the first hole and BOOM My tourney is over!! I didn't even get to putt..

I know this topic has been "beat to death" but I have to vent somewhere!!... C'mon WGT get your ACT together and fix this glitch!!

• Stanley0381
    260 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2021 3:22 PM

I have had this before but have found that you can still finish your own game and post a defined score so not seen this happen to me yet (thankfully) 

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 8:38 PM

My first guy forfeited after he lost his ball driving at Wolf Creek.  I just continued to play and got 3 birdies.  It’s the inconsistency that is so awful.  Some get to continue and some don’t, it appears.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 11:41 PM

Yes , and that’s the way it has always been , WGT don’t seem to even acknowledge the problem , to make it better.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2021 5:15 AM
    bossbird:

Yes , and that’s the way it has always been , WGT don’t seem to even acknowledge the problem , to make it better.

As long as all that play them, continue to do so, wgt, won't do anything.
  • Imahacker58
    365 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2021 5:33 AM

JDGHOST:

Same SHOWDOWN BS!!! Guy forfeits on the first hole and BOOM My tourney is over!! I didn't even get to putt..

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I have to vent somewhere!!... C'mon WGT get your ACT together and fix this glitch!!

Many of us have experienced the same JD, in my case I emailed customer services  and they did refund the entry fee both times, which were in veteran level, so now I just play rookie and if I get glitched they can have the 10 credits. As Bossbird said it’s the fact that nothing gets done to fix it that is the problem.

• richard03804
    22 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2021 7:40 AM

I had a different issue.

I shot at least 2 birdies if not 3 ended with -3/-2, when I played down to 5th hole in next round, I noticed my score on first 3 holes was THREE OVER +3, all three holes became BOGEYS, what the hell !!

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2021 2:54 PM

In the most recent Showdown "Rush" last week, my first 3 holes were on Erin. I had parred the first two when my opponent forfeited having lost a ball. When I hit my drive on the third hall, the game stalled and I got an error message and the game window closed on its own.

I reloaded the game and it took me back to the main start up screen. When I went to the Showdown link it showed that I had not played any holes at all. I was able to start the game again from hole 1, but it was not Erin.  This was the second time this has happened to me in a Showdown. I guess I was just lucky that I as able to start fresh both times. Definitely a glitch and I can see how frustrating it would be to have not been able to replay or finish the first 3 holes.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 6:11 AM

HamdenPro:
    I reloaded the game and it took me back to the main start up screen. When I went to the Showdown link it showed that I had not played any holes at all. I was able to start the game again from hole 1, but it was not Erin.  This was the second time this has happened to me in a Showdown. I guess I was just lucky that I as able to start fresh both times. Definitely a glitch and I can see how frustrating it would be to have not been able to replay or finish the first 3 holes.

I have been an the beneficial side a few times as well where I got to play all 3 holes over ..But this latest showdown as I said I  was given the dreaded +3 ...

I agree It's the inconsistency that is the most frustrating thing !!

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2021 11:00 AM

OK, have a suggestion... I was just in the Showdown and was -5 after the first 9 holes. Holes 10-12 were on Pinehurst. I parred the first hole and my opponent, a TM, dbl bogied..on the next tee box we were both just spinning...I send a message "are u still here?"...no reply....then screen says Pause while reconnecting....on new startup, opponent shows up while game loading but his countdown going down and he not coming back...figured he up and quit, not forfiet...so...as I was afraid to lose game and end up with 3 bogeys or something, I closed window of game on windows.  I then reloaded game and the screen was the normal WGT start up, not the showdown....

When I went to the showdown screen, it had not recorded anything other than me having played 9 holes. I started the showdown again and was starting all over, fresh, on pinhurts as the 10-12 Showdown holes.

So, it seems that, if you opponent bails, close the game and restart and there should be no harm to your score and progress.

Hope this helps someone.

• PAGES
RSS