Forums

Help › Forums

level 92

Sat, May 22 2021 11:21 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • weesojer
    16 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2021 11:00 AM

Hi folks, I seem to be having all sorts of problems since reaching level 92. I would have considered myself to be an average player until level 92, now my short game is in tatters. Irons seem to have changed range either too long or too short, wind effects are now mind blowing when before I had them fairly well sorted. My putting has always been rubbish but it has got REALLY bad.

I just wonder if at 92 a switch is thrown in WGT Hq to make you have to relearn the game, or am I having a dreaded Scottish paranoia episode

John

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 1:07 AM

Hi John, no is my answer, never noticed the slightest change, I’m at L99 Legend

the only changes are not with levels but with tiers which simply put you further back on the tees

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 4:04 AM

Your level has nothing to do with any challenges that you are facing. Your tier, Master, sets the difficulty factor. This game, like real golf requires lots of practice. In the year that you have been playing you have completed 63 ranked rounds.

Putting is a challenge for almost all of the players here. That you have attempted fewer than 2500 could be a factor in lack of success.  If you check the stats of some of the best players you will notice that they have all played a lot of ranked rounds and struck many, many putts..

I started this game in September of 2012. I don't consider myself a very good player or putter.  I have played 6651 ranked rounds and 115,279 putts.

Fmagnets, one of the best players here, also started in September of 2012. In that time he has played  26,766  ranked rounds and attempted 393,022 putts. Those are some of the reasons he is a much better player than I am. 

You need to play and play a lot to get better.

• weesojer
    16 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 4:51 AM

Thanks for the reply Hack. So get out of the coin rooms and into the real world is what you're saying. I'll take that on board and also look at joining a CC that is active instead of the moribund one I'm in.

Once again thank you for the advice

• Pompeytaylor
    3 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 5:06 AM

Have you or do you use a wind chart? I’m still useless but it gives me half a chance 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 6:19 AM
    HackWilson1930:

Your level has nothing to do with any challenges that you are facing. Your tier, Master, sets the difficulty factor. This game, like real golf requires lots of practice. In the year that you have been playing you have completed 63 ranked rounds.

Putting is a challenge for almost all of the players here. That you have attempted fewer than 2500 could be a factor in lack of success.  If you check the stats of some of the best players you will notice that they have all played a lot of ranked rounds and struck many, many putts..

I started this game in September of 2012. I don't consider myself a very good player or putter.  I have played 6651 ranked rounds and 115,279 putts.

Fmagnets, one of the best players here, also started in September of 2012. In that time he has played  26,766  ranked rounds and attempted 393,022 putts. Those are some of the reasons he is a much better player than I am. 

You need to play and play a lot to get better.

He has a total of 3 rounds as a master, half a dozen, total since beginning of the year. Short game is in tatters? Might be the fact that he upgraded his wedges, did he map them ? Make any changes in ur game, and you will not play as well, til you learn how to deal with the changes. Wind does vary, but it doesn't change drastically, unless it's clash conditions. But I see no clash rounds in score history, so he wouldn't know how to deal with those changes. As was said, play more, get into a group of friends that play well and learn from them.
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 12:32 PM

I really think WGT did everyone a disservice by creating coin rooms. People get caught up in clashes, turf  wars, and coin rooms and forget what the game is about. And then WGT compounded their error in judgement by adding magic apparel. Gotten really hard to find an alt shot game if no one in your cc wants to play.

What's a person to do?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 12:58 PM

HackWilson1930:

I really think WGT did everyone a disservice by creating coin rooms. People get caught up in clashes, turf  wars, and coin rooms and forget what the game is about. And then WGT compounded their error in judgement by adding magic apparel. Gotten really hard to find an alt shot game if no one in your cc wants to play.

What's a person to do?

I second this. Turf wars, clashes, especially coin rooms are the silly stuff that have made the mobile version, now PCEA look like an absolute arcade garbage.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 2:44 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

HackWilson1930:

What's a person to do?

I second this. Turf wars, clashes, especially coin rooms are the silly stuff that have made the mobile version, now PCEA look like an absolute arcade garbage.

I don't like any of those things so I never play them. In that regard I agree with both of you.

However the proportion of posts in these forums that include queries/complaints/requests/information/anecdotes about that side of the game seems to be steadily increasing, which might indicate that we are in the minority. 

If the coin games are really as popular as that then WGT are going push on with them and not look back of course, but I do wish they would at least edit the main menu to make it more balanced with flash-regular longer-form tournament play. Perhaps if the giant 'Play Now' button didn't take you directly to coin options, but instead took you to a screen where you could choose between that and alt-shot or the weekly/monthly tournaments, it might not seem so weighted in favour of bite-size play.

I suspect that was one of the things that put off many flash players during the transition from the old game. Some were finding themselves funneled towards coin games without even knowing what they were, because it was not obvious (and still isn't) how to get to the same game play options they knew from flash.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2021 3:23 PM

Wutpa:

I don't like any of those things so I never play them. In that regard I agree with both of you.

However the proportion of posts in these forums that include queries/complaints/requests/information/anecdotes about that side of the game seems to be steadily increasing, which might indicate that we are in the minority. 

If the coin games are really as popular as that then WGT are going push on with them and not look back of course, but I do wish they would at least edit the main menu to make it more balanced with flash-regular longer-form tournament play. Perhaps if the giant 'Play Now' button didn't take you directly to coin options, but instead took you to a screen where you could choose between that and alt-shot or the weekly/monthly tournaments, it might not seem so weighted in favour of bite-size play.

I suspect that was one of the things that put off many flash players during the transition from the old game. Some were finding themselves funneled towards coin games without even knowing what they were, because it was not obvious (and still isn't) how to get to the same game play options they knew from flash.

Very well said.

If I were a flash player, I would've felt "betrayed" too.

• PAGES
RSS