Forums

Help › Forums

Open question concerning H 2 H matches

Sat, Jun 5 2021 4:44 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Garys1n2
    3 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2021 4:43 PM

I have wondered about something for quite a while now, and have not read any discussion on it either here in the forums or in the FAQ's.

In head to head coin matches, if a player forfeits during the match, the winner is rewarded with the appropriate amount of coins in the winning purse, no matter when the forfeit occurred.  However, if the forfeit occurs before the last hole, the forfeit is not recorded as a win or a loss, in the H2H stats in the "friends" tab.  Sometimes, the forfeit is recorded as a win if it happens on the last green, but that is not always the case.  

I realize that sometimes, the game is out of reach, and a forfeit speeds up game play, but a win is a win and a loss is a loss, and in my way of thinking, they should be recorded that way (if the game is going to keep a record of H@H play).

Can anyone explain why forfeits are not recorded in the H@H record?

Thanks for reading.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 3:29 AM

I had assumed they were all recorded , but , to be honest those stats don’t mean anything anyway , so it’s not a big priority for me .You are only as good as your last win . And I can lose to anybody anytime ! 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2021 1:04 PM

Garys1n2:
    a win is a win and a loss is a loss, and in my way of thinking, they should be recorded that way (if the game is going to keep a record of H@H play).
    Not sure about that, because H2Hs are considered "practice", without any records.

Garys1n2:
    I can't, but I suppose that they simply don't care for practice play.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 12:47 AM

Garys1n2:

Gary, I've noticed this too, and the only explanation I can think of is that WGT's programming doesn't record a win or loss for you in your monthly W-L-T totals until the game is completed by both players.  If the game is abandoned (forfeited) by one of the players, that end-of-game code is never triggered.  Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but that's my best guess.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 4:22 AM

alosso:

Garys1n2:
    a win is a win and a loss is a loss, and in my way of thinking, they should be recorded that way (if the game is going to keep a record of H@H play).
    Not sure about that, because H2Hs are considered "practice", without any records.

Garys1n2:
    I can't, but I suppose that they simply don't care for practice play.

He's talking about H2H records in coin games, which are normally displayed as X amount of wins and losses against anyone on your friends list. They only count the "mobile" rounds, meaning the ones you play on 1, 3 or 9 hole random courses. 

• PAGES
RSS